IP7 on TMO with lower LTE speeds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AMG_FACLGVR, Sep 22, 2016.

1. AMG_FACLGVR Suspended

All,

I just got an IP7 black unlocked on TMO. I ran some speed tests and comprared to my friends 6S whom is right next to me gets a tripple the speed difference. For example i went to fast.com and got a big burst of 35 down and 15ish up but that quickly went down to 3 down and 7 up. Where he got a consistent 30 down and 20ish up. I know this is the first gen on the intel modem but i think there is an issue here for sure. Anyone can confirm this? I am located in Long Island, NY.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Did you set up your 7 as new or from a restore?

3. AMG_FACLGVR thread starter Suspended

I did as new. I never do restore when i get a new phone. Redownload all the apps. I actually just tried it again at my work place and now get consistent 30 down 35 up. So maybe it was the area. I am glad though its not spotty like it was yesterday. TMO is super fast i cant believe how much faster it is then AT&T. I left them after 10 years. They always sucked on Long Island.

4. nordique macrumors 6502a

Can't speak for American speeds, but mine is pretty much identical on the Rogers network (Canadian) between 6s and 7 so theoretically, it shouldn't be getting lower speeds