iP7 Plus Black-Cancel your preorder/check your local Apple Store inventory YMMV

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phungy, Sep 18, 2016.

1. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I initially placed a preorder on Sept 9th for the matte black iPhone 7 Plus 128GB with a mid-October shipping date. I cancelled within the hour and decided to test my luck at an Apple Store.

I didn't go on launch day or the Saturday after cause of work. Today I figured why not and lined up about 1.5 hours before the Apple Store opened at 11am. There were two guys already in line so I was #3. The first two guys were waiting on the Jet Black Plus. While waiting, I browsed reddit when I saw a thread that linked to each store's inventory.

Check inventory through this link:
    https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

Lo and behold there was a matte black iPhone 7 Plus in 128GB from Verizon (I have service with AT&T). I quickly reserved the phone for an 11am time slot. While waiting for the doors to open I quickly checked other stores and noticed the matte black Plus were in stock at the other locations. There were no Jet Black Pluses at any of the 5 Apple Stores in the metro. I asked the employee if they had any Jet Black Pluses sold not from preorder. He said none.

TLDR - If you want matte black iP7 Plus, check inventory, reserve and pick up. Cancel your preorder. YMMV.

Attached Files:

2. alee macrumors 6502

Does this force you to iUP or can you change that in person?

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

4. elimagic3 macrumors newbie

5. idyll macrumors 6502

Yeah - do I have to do the Apple Upgrade Program?

6. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

No, you choose your method of payment when you get there. I did carrier finance. No issues. No waiting for shipping.

7. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Do you have to choose a specific time to pickup? If there is stock available, could I choose to pick up after work at 6:30pm or so?

8. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

Nope. When you get to the store, just tell them you want to pay in full for the phone.

9. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Looked in my area. The inventory is bleak. The only AT&T phones are the 32GB 7. All the rest are gone. For the 7 Plus, it's just Verizon, and 32GB at that.

10. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Cool! I was looking for this and have used this before. Muphone arrives Tuesday but will be looking for my wife phone soon.

11. Kirbyjackson macrumors newbie

Kirbyjackson

I just checked and the one I ordered is available. I'm gonna pick up in an hour.

12. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

phungy

I just told him "I'd like to pay outright". He said "Sure". Didn't give me a hard time.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Texas

You could, Can't confirm 100%

Yes you can choose a specific time if it's available from the drop down option
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    You have that option or you can pay for it outright

13. alee macrumors 6502

Success! Thanks to the OP. Canceling my other VZ order.

14. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Thank you OP for posting this information! I got the Jet Black on pre-order but preferred the Matte Black after seeing in person. They had the 256GB Matte Plus in stock :) The Apple rep actually said they just got a shipment today and all of the sudden tons of people came to the store, I wonder how they got the info, lol

15. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Think I'm going to stick with my Plus 256 black. Was contemplating going with JB, but after some thought Black is here to stay. My buddy was also able to get what he was looking for. As for how, check www.istocknow.com It seems to be some accurate. Hope this information is helpful to some of you.