Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
in your experience is having the camera covered by glass protector effect anything?

also is that glass protector tempered or edge to edge. i rather not have an edge to edge cause of the iphone case.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Dollar Tree has 6/6S tempered glass protectors. I used the 5/5S one from there on my SE and it was fine so I'm giving it a shot for my 7.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
its been said that the 7's have a wider ear piece.
I've seen that mentioned for the plus, but haven't seen it mentioned for the 7. Where did you see that it affects both models?

is it tempered or edge to edge?
I think you're mixing up terms. I believe (nearly?) all are tempered. Some are flat and some curve around the edges. The latter can interfere with some cases, the former less so.

Mine's flat. Don't recall the brand, it was something I picked up at micro center.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I've seen that mentioned for the plus, but haven't seen it mentioned for the 7. Where did you see that it affects both models?

I think you're mixing up terms. I believe (nearly?) all are tempered. Some are flat and some curve around the edges. The latter can interfere with some cases, the former less so.

Mine's flat. Don't recall the brand, it was something I picked up at micro center.

So is the techno armour flat. i don't want a curve around the edges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.