IP7+ wobble

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DmAAx, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DmAAx macrumors newbie

When i put my iphone on a flat surface, screen side down, i actually wobbles.
    I think the phone has a twist or something, and its brand new, out of the box!

Does your iphone wobble?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If it wobbles with the screen faced down is twisted. A friends had the same and he simply twisted slightly and carefully the opposite direction until it no longer wobbled.

It is not uncommon and can happen by just keeping in your pocket.

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Are you sure it's not the surface that you are setting it on?

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Strange. Mine does not. Have you put it in your pocket or inadvertently put any weight on it?

5. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

@Relentless Power neither mine do

6. DmAAx thread starter macrumors newbie

That helped a little, only very little wobble in it now. :)

anyways, i Will tale it back to the store, and ask for a replacement. There is dust in the camera Lens/House too, Can sees in sunlight.

First iPhone ever, and disappointed, for 1000$ it Should be a premium phone

7. timeconsumer macrumors 68000

timeconsumer

I'm sure Apple will get you sorted out. As far as the iPhone being a premium product, it is, but keep in mind it is still a mass produced product so occasionally it happens. You were just the unlucky one (or lucky one?) to get one that had issues. Definitely take it back and get a replacement, but make sure you check in the store before you leave.

8. Rootus macrumors 6502

Normal. You can twist any iPhone since (at least) the 6 with out applying much force. I have AppleCare on my phones so I'm not too worried about it. I don't twist mine back straight any more, it's just going to twist again in your pocket. I've had Android phones do it too, so it's not especially unique to iPhone (though I couldn't untwist my Moto X, it was too rigid to easily make straight again, so it took a while to happen. The iPhone you can twist right back without any real effort).

9. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Pretty sure even with 5 it could be done to one degree or another, and that as of 6s it became harder given the change in aluminum that is used.