iPad 1 64GB 3G used - how much?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ZBoater, Apr 22, 2011.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If I wanted to buy a used one, how much should I expect to pay?

2. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

3. MrWillie, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011

MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Apple sells them (or offers them) refurbished for $629. It has been reported that when Apple refurbs them, they install a new battery.

Someone on another thread was bitching that they couldn't get $500 for their 64gig 3G. So I definitely wouldn't pay much more than $500. But if you don't really need 64gig, you can save a bundle.

Edit: BAT's post answers why the dude couldn't get $500 for his. However that $429 is with a two year contract.

4. delirious1 macrumors newbie

Sold mine for 550 the day the ipad 2 was released. Look on Ebay for going rates people will pay

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Where are you seeing a 2-year contract requirement to purchase? Underneath price, it says no commitment required, but service plans start at $14.99 which is activated for the first month, required to use the data plan service.

To my understanding, there is no contract commitment attached after the first month. If you cancel your monthly subscription, your data plan service stops, but you can renew it on a month by month basis. There is no subsidy on the iPad; this lower price is a sale price.

-C

Sent from my iPad

6. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

I am seeing some weird things on eBay, like iPads selling for $200 by sellers with 1 or 2 feedback. Mid 400s seems to be a going rate. I was wondering if iPad 2 availability would have any impact.

7. freeman727 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just sold mine this week for 550 with a case on Craigslist.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I just got a 32gb 3G model for $449 NIB from our local store which left me $$ to get a case, keyboard dock, screen film and iPad dock for $80 additional as all the accessories were also NIB for half price!

I didn't see enough of a difference to go for the more expensive iPad2 since I wanted 3G connectivity... Maybe iPad3 will change my mind?...

9. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

When I first clicked on BAT's link, I clicked on details, it asked for my zip code, and then on the details page underneath add to cart, it said requires two year data commitment. Of course it doesn't say that now...

I saw a guy try to pay full price for a smart phone and he didnt want a data plan from TMobile, the lady wouldn't let him do it. Was she stupid, or is that their policy ?

10. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I was offered $650 (paypal) through craigs list... but sold it to a local person for $550 since the person agreed to meet with me with cash in hand.

11. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

You would have been out an ipad if you would have sold it via craigslist withpaypal. Common scam

12. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Yup, it felt like a scam because she offered higher than my asking. Google'd her email, and it was used in other scams. I guess my point was if you are selling, the safest thing to do is sell it in person with cash in hand.

13. freeman727 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I never accept paypal except for eBay sales.

14. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

ebay "instant sale" offers me for my 64GB G3 $400 if it is in mint condition. I would not pay more that $500 for it on craigslist if I were to buy one.

it's more worth to me than that. most likely I won't upgrade because it would be $429 plus my old iPad to upgrade.

15. aneftp macrumors 68040

Like others stated ATT was selling 64GB 3G iPad 1 models for $529 last month with full ome year warranty.

I wouldn't pay more than $500-550 for mint iPad 64GB 3G these days. Unless u live in foreign county where the exchange rates are better.

But in US that's the going price.

16. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I was going to get raped on mine, too. On the positive side, it made it a lot more palatable when the spouse told me she wanted it (you know what I mean). Figured if I had to give it away, it would be to her.

I can't remember a time when an apple product lost so much value after only a year of use.

17. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

$400 instant sale sounds good. You'd have to sell it for $500 to do better in eBay after fees and shipping.

18. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

That's why I usually get last gen apple products from the base PX when the new items come out = NIB units for usually less than apple refurb prices, especially when you figure in that I don't have to pay tax or shipping!

19. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Now that iPad 2's have been out for a while, the prices are going down fast. I was lucky to sell mine for $550... a week after the iPad 2's came out. If I had to do it over again... I would have sold it a month before the iPad 2's were released. I thought about doing it... but I didn't want to be without an iPad for a month.

20. gigaguy macrumors 65816

The 3G refurbs on ATT right now are $329 and $429 (16 &32 only) I was gonna get one but I couldn't get past the intrusion and illegality of requiiring a credit check and your soc sec # on a PREPAID PLAN. Imo this is a scam to sell your credit info for promotion or $$$, it should be illegal. I wouldn't do it. A Prepaid plan does not put ATT at credit risk, cause you have to pay before you use data, and data ends when you use it up. Totally different than a cell plan where you can easily go over your quota and owe more. You can't do that on the iPad plans. Scam...