ipad 1 64gb.. is $325 a good deal for it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by worldonpause, Nov 28, 2011.

1. worldonpause macrumors newbie

i have an iphone 4s but recently was looking at ipads for my portfolio. i am a photographer and it would be great to carry around. i think mainly ill use it for magazines / books / portfolio / netflix. is this considered a pretty sweet deal for this? a friend is asking me if i want to buy it since he wants an ipad 2. any ideas? thanks

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

With or without 3G? I just sold my like-new 64GB WiFi + 3G iPad1 for $430 on eBay.

3. worldonpause thread starter macrumors newbie

4. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

If it's in good condition, $325 is a pretty fair price.

5. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Yes that is a very good price. As long as it is in excellent condition.

The same setup is selling on craigslist around here for 400 - 450.

6. worldonpause thread starter macrumors newbie

is it even worth getting? is ipad 2 much better?

----------

glad to know at least im getting a good deal. thanks guy

7. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

If you don't know why you'd want to use an iPad, then you should not consider buying one.

That said, I just sold my iPad1 and upgraded to an iPad2. I've had the iPad1 since launch day and it served me well. Aside from not having built-in cameras, there really isn't anything the iPad1 can't do that the iPad2 can. I will say that the iPad2 is thinner, lighter, and runs everything just a little bit 'smoother' than the iPad1, just because it's got a more powerful CPU.

8. tgcken macrumors member

I think a $325 ipad 1 with 64gb storage provides much more utility per dollar than any flavor of ipad 2, assuming the ipad1 is in good shape.

I guess if you really need video chat that could be a dealbreaker.

9. worldonpause thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks all. gonna pick it up and if im unhappy with it, i can always probably sell it for at least that value. thanks again for your help all

10. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I have a 32 GB iPad 2 which was a gift and a 64 GB iPad 1, both wifi only. I'll probably sell the iPad 1 but the double storage space is usefull on the 64 GB iPad 1.

I would not have bought the iPad 2 without selling the iPad 1, or maybe not bought it at all. The iPad 2 is thinner, a tiny faster in daily usage , but I never really use the camera, which was the reason i was gifted it.

For that price, I think it's a good deal.

It's not like the iPad 1 is any less usefull just bc they released the iPad 2.

Rant/

I think the iPad 1 will be useful for the next couple of years. I mainly use it for Netflix, live tv via Time Warner app, giant iPod ( music and audiobooks), video player while I'm doing email and web surfing on the iPad 2. I feel like a total nerd using two tablets at once.

The iPad 1 is still so useful that's probably why I haven't sold it yet? When I do sell it I'm asking $400 but including 2 cases, a wood stand, and 10 month extended AppleCare. That's fair in my view.

I'm also playing with the idea of having the iPad 1 being custom installed into my car dashboard. Much better than that crummy MS/Ford stuff, and much cheaper even with customizing my car.

Just reread your original post....for photography, the iPad one is much better than those stand alone epson do-dads

Wow, now that I think about, I guess we're rich bc at Thanksgiving each couple passed around an iPad to show off there last 6 months of photos.......

What great times we live in, now got to get an AppleTV 2 for mom and dad aka grandma and grandpa so we don't even need to pass iPads around.

11. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison