iPad 1 and no iOS 6 makes me sad....

Are you upset at iOS 6 not coming to the iPad 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scarrab666

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Sydney
All,

Sorry if this seems like a useless thread; I own an iPad 1 and, to be honest although I understand the argument of why iOS 6 is not coming to the iPad 1 (RAM, vintage, etc...) I'm still really disappointed at not being given the choice (especially as the 3GS has the option, and yes I understand the difference in screen size, and still being on sale) . Anyone else, even though understanding the arguments, upset?

Boo Hoo :(

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You do know that of the 3 things that matter to iOS' performance, the 3Gs bests the iPad 1 at 2 of them? The 3Gs has the same amount of ram, but because of the smaller screen, less it needed for a video memory. The smaller screen also makes the 3Gs better at graphical tasks. Both devices have the same GPU, but the 3Gs' has to drive 1/4th the amount of space. The only advantage the iPad 1 has over the 3Gs is raw CPU speed.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
i hated the first iphone and the first ipad

any gen 1 product from apple is usually crap. first gen MBA as well. overpriced and underpowered, but oh so pretty

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.
I was disappointed since I got my iPad only last year and its already obsolete.

I don't get the whole iPad 1 vs 3GS spec argument, does iOS 6 really require more resources/higher specs to run as opposed to iOS 5? My 4S is actually faster on iOS 6 than it was with iOS 5, this is the first time any of my iDevices became faster with an update.