iPad 1 and no iOS 6 makes me sad....

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by scarrab666, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Are you upset at iOS 6 not coming to the iPad 1?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2012.
  1. Yes, I understand the arguments against, but still upset!

18.8%
  2. No, Its old, underpowered, let it go man!

50.0%
  3. Indifferent

31.3%
  1. scarrab666 macrumors member

scarrab666

All,

Sorry if this seems like a useless thread; I own an iPad 1 and, to be honest although I understand the argument of why iOS 6 is not coming to the iPad 1 (RAM, vintage, etc...) I'm still really disappointed at not being given the choice (especially as the 3GS has the option, and yes I understand the difference in screen size, and still being on sale) . Anyone else, even though understanding the arguments, upset?

Boo Hoo :(

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You do know that of the 3 things that matter to iOS' performance, the 3Gs bests the iPad 1 at 2 of them? The 3Gs has the same amount of ram, but because of the smaller screen, less it needed for a video memory. The smaller screen also makes the 3Gs better at graphical tasks. Both devices have the same GPU, but the 3Gs' has to drive 1/4th the amount of space. The only advantage the iPad 1 has over the 3Gs is raw CPU speed.

3. alent1234 macrumors 603

i hated the first iphone and the first ipad

any gen 1 product from apple is usually crap. first gen MBA as well. overpriced and underpowered, but oh so pretty

4. SONiC5 macrumors regular

I was disappointed since I got my iPad only last year and its already obsolete.

I don't get the whole iPad 1 vs 3GS spec argument, does iOS 6 really require more resources/higher specs to run as opposed to iOS 5? My 4S is actually faster on iOS 6 than it was with iOS 5, this is the first time any of my iDevices became faster with an update.