iPad 1 apps keep crashing after iOS5 update

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wordsmithmac, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Wordsmithmac macrumors member

Wordsmithmac

Safari keeps crashing a lot as well as other apps. They didn't crash before now they are I am guessing it's a memory issue but I don't keep a lot of apps in memory maybe 3 or 4 before the update I kept many more without an issue. Is there a way to fix this?

I am not jail broken but would it help in case there is an app to help manage the memory? Also my battery now sucks it dies really quickly even when I am not using it... iPad 1 was great before this update now it's inconsistent. Very frustrating.

2. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

I was very scared to update my iPad 1 to iOS 5. I waited 2 weeks for a proper enabler of the Multitasking gestures and since it has been delivered I successfully transitioned to iOS 5.

I would advise you to restore the iOS 5 install WITHOUT backing anything up. Make a clean install, no user data, no apps. It worked for me, I didn't restore from backup.

3. Wordsmithmac thread starter macrumors member

Wordsmithmac

Multitasking gestures enabled? How so?

I'll try the clean install. I'm at 64% battery after using this for 1 hr and having it charged completely.... This is crazy

4. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker