iPad 1 as Airplay speakers

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by scorpio333, Apr 13, 2011.

1. scorpio333 macrumors member

I wanted to use everything I had here to get iTunes to all corners of the house. This consisted of a Mac Pro running iTunes, a first gen patched AppleTV running 3.0.2, a first gen jailbroken iPod Touch running 3.1.3 and a first gen jailbroken iPad running 4.2.1. I have the Mac Pro running through a stereo receiver in the office, the AppleTV running through a home theater and the iPad connected to a portable stereo we can move around. The iPod Touch and iPad have Remote HD installed. Everything works perfectly, except the when the iPad screen turns off. The audio continues to play but is extremely choppy. I've googled and googled and haven't found any resolution. Anyone else experience this?

I used this process to get the iPad as speakers.

2. Beefnoodle macrumors newbie

There's always Home-sharing if you update your iPad1 to iOS 4.3.1. You can then stream music to your iPad1 from any other iOS device that are home-shared.

3. scorpio333 thread starter macrumors member

Fat finger typo...the iPad is on 4.3.1. I came across Airview but looks like Apple pulled it.

4. grinny11 macrumors regular

I had the same problem when I had my iPad 1.

I just dimmed the screen and left the screen on. You can change the settings to not have the screen auto-shut off.

5. scorpio333 thread starter macrumors member

That's the workaround I've been going with. Would still like to turn the screen off to save battery, but what can you do.

6. brandonlamb25 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have the airview.ipa app that they can share with me??