iPad 1 - Battery playing up?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sim667, Jun 7, 2012.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

Ive got a not particularly old or heavily used ipad 1 I bought about 18 months ago (a freind won it in a competition just before the ipad 2 came out and i bought it off him).

A couple of times in the last week the battery just seems to have drained when I had it on lock....... the first time i think i left tvcatchup open and locked it. The second time my plumber was using it to read a pdf and probably didnt lock it, when I came back to it 4-5 hours later the battery was flat as a pancake (i dont have auto lock turned on cus it messes up tvcatchup airplay).

Is this just due to me being a bit rubbish at closing apps, or does it sound like the battery is going?

I hope its not going as I wanted a new macbook rather than a new ipad, (ipad comes later), but i might have to re-assess if the battery is shot. Is there a way of telling?

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

If it's an intermittent issue then it's likely something other than the battery. If it's happening every single time you charge it, regardless of usage, then I'd blame the battery.

3. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

seems intermittent..... ill keep an eye on it....

anyone know of battery health checker software for it?

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

The battery seems to drain for me in sleep mode especially if I have Wifi turned on. It's normal for the most part. Why? Because it happens on a brand new refurb iPad 2 and my brand new iPad 3. And it also happens on my other portable MP3's.

The only way to preserve the battery level is to shut down the device.