Ipad 1 how to make better

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jamesd123, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Jamesd123 macrumors member

Hi

I have an Ipad 1 had it since the day of the Ipad 2 release.

I use it for internet, radio and Facebook and the odd game and have some films.

Is there any way of getting more out of it, I feel I don't use it to the best it could be. As I have an Iphone 4 which I use more than the Ipad and a windows desktop which I use for serious research and work.

I have an Ipad 1 dock and a couple of cases and that is it.

What apps would people recommend? My main interest is Motorsport as I work in Motorsport.

James

2. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

What was your original intent for buying the iPad? I have an iP1, and while I don't use it as much as I thought I would, it has it's merits over other electronic devices. As for motorsports apps, the only apps that cater to that genre are games. No NASCAR app (that I'm aware of), no IndyCar, Formula 1, or Australian V8 Supercar apps. The closest thing I saw was when the 24 Hours of LeMans was being shown on Ustream (there is an app for that). It may be an iPhone app, but I'm jailbroken & use RetinaPad so I can use the 2x screen option on my iPad.

3. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Are you from Swindon in the UK?

You can always try the Sky Sports News app. Also flipboard is supposed to be incredible.

4. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member

I bought it because it was cheap, only was £99 upfront cost and £20 a month for 15gb internet, was mainly used for travelling and around the house. I have the F1 and moto GP timing app so I can watch live telemetry and stuff.

James

----------

Yer Swindon UK, got the Sky sports news app and dont like it.

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Ahh ok. Well yeah, flipboard is good as it makes good use of what a tablet is all about.

veetle is pretty good.