iPad 1 + iPhone 5 = best combination?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sphoenix, Mar 8, 2011.

1. sphoenix macrumors regular

sphoenix

With the iPad in many people's hands already, and the iPad 2 specs slightly being revealed, doesn't that surely point the iPhone towards its best model yet? In doing so, the main iPad2 features (A5 processor, dual-core, improved RAM?, FaceTime) will make their way over to the next-gen iPhone and that already has a retina display.

So for the people who are dying to get an iPad 2, the best option would be to keep their iPad (if they have one) and just wait for iPhone 5. Anyone agree/disagree?

2. OceanView macrumors 65816

Can you explain how you would use the new iPhone 5 CPU in the iPad 1?

3. sphoenix thread starter macrumors regular

sphoenix

Your question doesn't make sense.

4. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Back at ya and fixed that for you.

5. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

The iPhone 5 won't replace the need to get the iPad 2.

Your saying to keep the original iPad and use the iPhone 5 that includes much from the iPad 2.

But you forget that people want the power, camera, & thinness that the iPad 2 have compared to the orignal iPad.

The iPhone 5 won't replace that because it's just smaller.

The iPad 2 in my books is an okay upgrade. I feel that the iPad 3rd generation & the iPhone 6th generation are the BIG one.

I am awaiting to upgrade my iPhone 4 to the 6th generation as it will be the big upgrade & my contract ends with AT&T.

iPad 3rd generation will have a new body material which equals to new redesign & Retina Display.

The iPhone 6th generation and iPad 3rd generation are the upgrades to count on.

6. sphoenix thread starter macrumors regular

sphoenix

Fair points, indeed the iPad 3rd gen will be very interesting.

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

8. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Obviously its a better combination than just iPad + iPhone 5.

Some don't want to respend their money all over again to get the iPad 2 & iPhone 5 so in respect to that you have to choose which is a better upgrade to choose from.

Well the iPad 2 is not such a big upgrade & the iPhone 5 is cheaper to purchase & you are already paying a carrier plan for the iPhone so in thinking about money you go with the iPhone 5

The iPad 1st generation and iPhone 5 is best for most people. When money plays a part. And a wise one.

But to be wiser. Wait for the 3rd generation and iPhone 6th generation as those are going to be the big upgrades.

The 3rd generation will most likely have the Retina Display and truly make the iPad a worthy upgrade.

The iPhone 5 will probably be the iPhone 3G to 3GS. It might have a bigger screen but still the iPhone 6th generation will have a redesign and the wise upgrade.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That doesn't make sense. The iPad's size and its ability to easily perform functions are the reason why people opted for it. Apple has veered away from spec whoring and instead of gone the user experience route.

What you're advocating is to ignore the user experience and focus on the specs

10. sphoenix thread starter macrumors regular

sphoenix

I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right. I guess I'm concentrating on the specs, geeky me :D

11. JohnBossu macrumors member

12. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Since you're talking currently unreleased items, the real one you want is iPad 10 and iPhone 25. That's the brain implantable version with more unicorn.

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

Technology moves so fast that having the best combination won't last that long even if you have the money to stay cutting edge. It is an expensive hobby to deal with short-term gratifications. An iPhone 5 may not be LTE-ready. An iPad 3 could get released later this year and with higher resolution. We will also likely have quad-core tablets before the year is done. What is best for you won't really be the best specs-wise in a few months. Again, an iPad 2 + iPhone 5 or iPad 3 + iPhone 6 combo would get outdated eventually. Doesn't matter. Disposable and built to be obsolete. Short-term gratifications if you want to always keep up and trying to define "the best."

14. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

MacBook + iPhone 5 = Greatest Combination

Sorry, but why would you carry two devices around that carry the limitations of iOS? What if you wanted to have TWO windows open at once (ie. writing an email while referencing an open webpage)?
    :)

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

Searching for the best combination in technology is like searching for perfection. It is only a temporary state. What may seem perfect now may no longer be perfect years from now. A technology can improve and go beyond current perfection.

It's like marriages. Perfect couple with the perfect marriage in the beginning. Wait when things change. And even with the perfect marriage, it does get complacent. I remember being so excited getting my iPhone 4 last year. And while I still love it, iOS is getting stale for me after 3 years with it.

I can sit here and wait for the iPhone 6 and iPad 3 or get the iPhone 5 and iPad 2 and proclaim the best combo of the year. Doesn't matter. Just another cycle. There will be a shinier, newer, and fresher user experience down the road to get hyped up and excited about again eventually. Wash, rinse, repeat.

16. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

In all honesty, the best combination imo for portable computing is:

MacBook Pro + iPhone 5.
    (Mac OS X) + (iOS)

The iPad could never replace my laptop. Whatever one will do on their iPad, they can also do on their iPhone 5 due to iOS, minus the calls and texts. So it makes no sense to carry both. I don't see the use of an iPad for my life as a college student, but maybe when i graduate and start working i'll consider.
    I can't wait to see what the iPhone 5 delivers though.