iPad 1 Jailbreak questions before the plunge

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Austin00, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Austin00, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

Austin00 macrumors member

Hi All,

First off, i'm using OSX 10.6.7 with a 1st Gen iPad 16GB, and this will be my first jailbreak.
    Just wanted to ask a quick one here to make sure i've read right...

The thing thats stopping me from taking the plunge is that my girlfriend uses bakery story and city story a lot on my iPad and i use note taker HD quite a bit. What i don't want is for my notes and her progress to be affected by me jailbreaking.

If i restore from a back-up right after jailbreaking, will my iPad have all the game progress, and nitty gritty bits of my iTunes apps just as i left them?

Also, if i update out of my JB to the next apple release, will i keep all my iTunes app's progress?

Cheers,
    Austin

2. xkRoWx macrumors regular

xkRoWx

I'd like to know as well. I'm running a jailbroken 4.2.1 (8C148) on a 32GB iPad 3G.

From what I've read, in order to activate new multitouch gestures from redsn0w, you'd have to tweak some files.

Will the regular backups (from plugging into iTunes and sync) be sufficient enough to "restore" the iPad with all the data and what not back to where I was before the new 4.3.1 jailbreak? What about the apps and tweaks downloaded from Installous and Cydia?

Other than AirPlay, AirPrint and some new multitouch gestures, what else is new?