iPad 1 Jailbroken, can't get past lock screen after reboot!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Junkdumpster, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Junkdumpster macrumors newbie

Help! I have a first-gen iPad running on iOS 5.1, jailbroken (teethered) with redsn0w. I've been running apps from cydia for less than a week, and suddenly my iPad has gone kaput.

I installed an app from cydia (not sure which one, it was a tweak that was supposed to customize the notification center), and after rebooting I returned to the lock screen, unable to go any father. The screen will occasionally flicker, then go black as the little loading wheel pops up on the screen. After a few secons I'm returned to the lock screen, still unable to unlock..

Unfortunatly, I can't shut the iPad off by holding the power button and sliding, because the black screen with the loading wheel pops up too quickly. All I can do is reset, which doesn't give me the chance to reboot from the redsn0w software on my PC. If someone has a solution that doesn't involve me restoring, I'd love to hear it (I haven't backed up in a while and I really don't want to have to go through the trouble). If nothing else, please let me know how to avoid this in the future!

2. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

restore the ipad, set it to DFU mode

DONT download the same jailbreak app again, its probably incompatible or you've messed with the system files somehow the ipad cant work properly, ive had something similar, too many tweaks happening at once i guess.