iPad 1 jb 4.3.1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gregrose, Apr 12, 2011.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

Hey guys please don't kill me. I'm reading up to jb on 4.3.1. Is this a complete untethered jb? Also where is the exact place for me to download to get it? Thanks

Oh also is it stable?

2. Tiger of PTS macrumors newbie

3. gregrose thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I just turned 3 so I'm finally just learning the alphabet and syntax. Thank you for your super human support and for letting me know how inferior I am. I am grateful, all knowing being.

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

You're a regular and you've just been owned by a newbie, congrats! But seriously, would it have killed you to google it?

5. Dav1 macrumors 6502

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

7. gregrose thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Just my two cents here, but no it doesn't. Redsnow does not directly allow one to enable gestures, one of the main features of 4.3.1, in my and many other users opinion... Sn0wBreeze does.

9. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

It works fine to just jailbreak which is what the OP asked for. I had gestures enabled on 4.3 already so I didn't need redsnow to do it but even if I didn't all I would have wanted it to do is jailbreak. The gestures are nice but I rarely use them. Also OP redsnow is also available on OSX if you have a Mac and want to use it.

10. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Perhaps you need to read what the OP asked for again? He/she could have asked how to jailbreak, or they could have asked how to just jailbreak. Instead I read that he/she asked for a complete jailbreak, now we can argue over just what that means, but to me the only complete jailbreak is Sn0wBreeze.

11. gregrose thread starter macrumors 6502

So should I use s snowbreeze or redsnow? Which is more stable of a jb?

12. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Do you want gestures? Do you want a simple interface where you can enable them and disable them? If so then you want Sn0wBreeze.

Have you heard that iOS 4.3.2 is what just a week away now? There is a reason for that, in my opinion if you want stable you don't want 4.3.1, most of the time I have just 15~18 MB of free ram, when Safari is running :mad: that means it and mail often end unexpectedly... (now that could be Apple attempting to force us to move to the iPad2) it could be sloppy code... That doesn't matter what you use to jailbreak with, and isn't all that much better if you don't jailbreak. Install SBSettings and Winterboard, and most likely you'll have less than 100MB after respringing.... perhaps as little as 80 MB.

With 4.3.1 on the iPad1 it really seem to be a question of what are you willing to do without, to keep 4.3.1 running.... I've turn off gestures, and I'm at 13 MB as I write this, time to post before Safari closes on me...