Ipad 1 keyboard case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Jamesd123, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Jamesd123 macrumors member

Hi

I am after an Ipad keyboard and case for my ipad1.

I have seen this http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/cl57934
    Will the ipad1 fit in it ok?

What would people recommend? I don’t mine if the keyboard has a case and it is all kept together or have the keyboard in a separate case to Ipad.

James

2. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

The Origami Workstation will work perfectly for the iPad1. Also works with or without back protection on the iPad. The iPad sits in a relatively generous slot and is not attached in any way. So various configurations will all work.

3. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member

4. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member

What keyboard cases do people use on their Ipad1?

5. davedude, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011

davedude macrumors member

I have the ZaggMate for my iPad 1.

I'm pretty happy with it so far, the keyboard is nice to write on. It's a bit smaller, but the keys are where they're supposed to be.

The all-in-one package that the ZaggMate offers was the big one for me. It's nice having the iPad slip right into the case, and I'm just carrying around 1 piece that weighs barely 2lbs. Wicked.

Opening the case is a pain in the rear, but it's all in all a good package.

Although, now that I'm looking at the origami solution...

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

i'm pleased with my ipad 1 + original case (inespensive and my favorite by far) + incase origami workstation (exactly what i was looking for), and my apple keyboard (a gorgeous device).

7. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member

Does it work well? Or is it a lot to carry around and set up.

James

8. palpatine macrumors 68040

Altogether it weighs about the same as the macbook air and takes up about the same amount of space, but costs about half as much, has about twice as much battery life, and doubles as an e-reader. It's not for everyone, of course, but for the tasks I do 90% of the time (reading and writing) it is perfect.

It takes about 5 seconds to set up. The "workstation" wraps tightly around the keyboard (semi-rigid). You just undo the velcro, fold it back (hence the origami name) and the stand is ready for your ipad. It couldn't be simpler or more compact.

Anyhow, I used to carry the mbp everywhere, but now I usually just take the iPad to campus and on research trips. I can go for weeks without touching a computer (iOS5 might lengthen that even more!). An added benefit for the hard-core researcher/road-warrior is that one of those little splash battery packs (a little larger than the iPhone) can supply extra power. I haven't been able to run out the iPad and battery pack power yet, so I cannot tell you how many hours it lasts :)

9. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks.

I might get that set up then. Also what apps do you use? As I run windows on my desktop so needs to be compaitable between the ipad and home computer.

James

10. palpatine macrumors 68040

Sorry to hear about Windows. Here are all the details.

1. Getting Things Done with the iPad
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1197650&highlight=
    2. Going from Paper to iPad
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1198956&highlight=
    3. Getting Things Done: iPad for Academics
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1189442&highlight=

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

12. Jamesd123 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks do you not run pages, numbers and keynote. As that is all wanted to run, also with istudiez pro.

James