iPad 1 Mirror Options?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jdr00ejr, Nov 30, 2011.

1. jdr00ejr macrumors newbie

Hello Folks,

I've tried searching online but I keep coming up empty. I was on iOS 5.0 and had used the Gestures/Mirror Only Hack to get Mirror working. Well, unfortunately, I got too excited and did the iOS 5.0.1 upgrade as soon as it released since Apple had enabled Gestures in it. Sadly, this took away my Mirroring. Is there any hack out there that only enables Mirroring like the Gesture/Mirror Only did?

If not - is it obvious how to turn on the Mirroring if I do a Tethered Jailbreak? I've never jailbroken my iPad before so I'm leary of doing so - but I really want my Mirroring back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

There's a Cydia App called "Display Out" that will enable mirroring on the iPad 1. Once installed, it shows up as an extension in Settings.

Another great Cydia App is "SemiTethered". Once that is installed, you can still use your device after a reboot - it just won't be jailbroken (and Mail won't work). To get the jailbreak back, you just need to tether to your computer and do the "just boot" operation in redsn0w.

3. jdr00ejr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Kevin - I may have to get brave enough to just do a full jailbreak and be done with it.