iPad 1 performance with iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TallManNY, Oct 13, 2011.

1. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

Anyone having any performance issues with their iPad 1 going to iOS 5? I didn't update yesterday though I did download the update this morning before going to work just to get that out of the way.

I like my iPad 1 and in fact use it every day both for work and play. I don't want it to become sluggish. Should I hold off on this update?

2. jimHdk macrumors regular

IPad performance with iOS 5

I've had no performance problems with it on my iPad 1.

3. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I updated iPad 1. It did take a while, but I haven't had any glitches yet and haven't noticed slowdown either.

Now to decide when to update iPhone 4.

4. jon1987 macrumors regular

I have updated both my iPhone 4 and my iPad first gen. Both are running great. In fact I would say they are running faster now, especially the iPhone :)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My iPad had hiccups during the update process but it runs well. I don't see any battery issues or anything like that but I also don't analyze these things as closely as others may.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I had issues updating to iOS 5 on my iPad but it is performing beautifully. Only issue is Safari quit on me twice. Hard reset seems to have solved that.

7. kureno macrumors newbie

No Problems

Upgraded iPhone 4 and iPad 1 without any drop in performance. I also feel, after using the iPad at a few wifi spots downtown and at a shopping center, that the iPad 1 is a bit faster with IOS 5. I turned on Alerts, so the battery seems to be draining a bit faster.

8. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

My iPad 1 shut down during its first day kind of unexpectedly and it scared me that it bricked itself. But it powered back up and I haven't had any trouble since. I'm liking the auto update of Newstand. That is the big improvement for me.

I haven't updated iPhone 4 yet, but will do so later this week unless I hear horror stories. I will, however, never update on day one again with any OS update. There is just too many Apple products out there and there is no reason to fight with overloaded servers just to have an update on its first day.