ipad 1 screen protector on an ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by COSWORTH, Mar 20, 2011.

1. COSWORTH macrumors regular

Has anyone tried a first gen screen protector on ipad 2? I prefer to not have a camera hole in the screen protector, and the ones that I like (hard crystal clear, not zagg, rubbery orangepeel etc) have the hole in it. Are the dimensions the same on the screen between the 2 ipads?

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

No, I have both, the iPad 1 glass is wider and longer. You would have to trim it.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The iPad 1's I have cover most of the screen but fall a tad short of covering the whole bezel. Not a big deal to me as I have it to cut the glare and the iPad 1 protectors are dirt cheap right now as a lot of stores are discontinuing them to make way for the iPad 2 protectors.

4. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Not correct. I had a Zagg iPad screen protector. I put on my iPad 2 while I wait for Power Support to come out with their film and it fits perfectly minus the camera hole.

5. gigaguy macrumors 65816

6. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

No biggie. When I called Zagg they said it wouldn't fit either in an attempt to get me to order their new one. Instead I went ahead and tried it and it fits like a glove. Actual glass screens on both models are identical. Only the metal bezel has changed. ;)

7. COSWORTH thread starter macrumors regular

awesome thanks.

I really do not like the hole for camera.

8. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Just so you know, I can't even tell it's there when I use the camera. No distortion or anything, at least with the Zagg. It actually surprised me.

9. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

I'm using a Power Support Crystal film iPad 1 on my iPad 2 screen. The width is perfect but the height seems to be slightly short. It's so small that you actually have to really be picky to see it. The film is so crystal clear that even without the camera cutout there is no problem with camera quality. Overall I'm pleased with it and if anyone is looking to do it I would recommend it instead of waiting end of next month. Most people that use my iPad doesn't even know that I have a screen shield on.

10. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

11. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I just moved my iPad1 Power Support AG film to my iPad2, really close fit, a tad shorter, not that noticeable and worth the $40 a new PS would cost me.
    I have a few minor bubbles in the bezel edge area, I assume where my finger oils must have gotten on the edge. about a 97-98% perfect.
    Can I remove and wash this oil off so it will stick down completely??