Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyder0109

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
I bought the Original iPad 16GB Wifi right when it was launched and have been happy with the product. I primarily use it for browsing, news reading and light gaming when I am travelling to office and back home. (I tether my iPhone 4's 3G on iPad)

Right now in my country, I am able to sell it out for $200 and have a new iPad 16GB Wifi for $600.

I am highly confused as I am content with my iPad, however, I know that iOS 6 wont be supported and a lot of times, I find my screen dull and overall slow safari performance.

Please advice that shall I buy the new iPad or wait for a significant upgrade next year, because I think 2 and 3 have nearly same processing power as the additional A5X performance goes into handling the additional pixels on the new iPad.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
The 3rg gen iPad has 1 GB of RAM versus your current iPad with 256 MB's. The 3rd also has quite the jump in its GPU. And of course the screen is a huge upgrade. Really it's up to you, but I upgraded from an iPad 2 and haven't looked back.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
The new iPad is a significant upgrade from iPad 1. It's just a matter of whether those upgrades are useful to you, which according to what you said, it sounds like they would be. You have to ultimately decide, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.