iPad 1 users... scratches on your screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by biosci, Mar 14, 2011.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Well, so it has been almost a year with the iPad1. I baby this thing... Waterfield case AND Dodo case (most of the time). However, I have noticed some scratches on there that are bothering me. How they got there, I don't know. Could it be something got caught between the screen and dodocase cover in my bag?

What have your experiences been with the iPad screen. I commute each day with the iPad (By far is it not just a 'stay at home' product). So am I only really just lucky to only notice 2 scratches?

Mike

2. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I do not baby mine and use no screen protector. I have no scratches.

3. svenn macrumors 6502

I have a few scratches, but you have to really look to see them. I think they are from my dog stepping on it. My ipad is naked all the time, I wonder if he was cold this winter?

4. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

5. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't have pets that touch this device. And like I said, it's treated with so much care. I use microfiber clothes to clean them too. Could it be faulty glass that can be covered by Apple warranty? Or do I have to activate my SquareTrade warranty... It's really bugging me now!

6. shen macrumors 6502

My wife is downright abusive to our iPad. She gets makeup on it reading the news and getting ready in the morning. Has dropped the curling iron on it. Scratched it with her wedding ring. The list goes on. Even then the scratches are barely visible. Then you put it to sleep and it is a shock to see what she has done to it.

She really does need a job testing this gear. If it can survive her it is ready to go!

7. doboy macrumors 68000

No screen protector, no scratches on the screen.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

9. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

I have one faint scratch on my iPad 1.

I had my hands full, and balanced a ceramic coffee mug on top of the unprotected glass iPad screen so that I could open a door. Never did that again.

Other than that, the screen has held up amazingly well. I expected it to have a lot more scratches with all the travel I do with it.

10. maliu macrumors 6502a

I clean the screen with whatever I'm wearing at the time, my little dog puts her toes on it frequently (not that I approve of that). Lives in an Xgear case and no visible damage anywhere that I can see.

11. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I have a crystal clear screen protector on there. :)