iPad 1 vs. iPad 2 Speed Test Video Puts Debate to Rest

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dadoftwogirls, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

2. anthony691 macrumors newbie

This understates the difference.

The difference isn't just noticeable in intensive, iPad 2-optimized, 3D games like Infinity Blade, but throughout the device. Applications launch much faster. Switching between applications is now fast enough that it feels like the device has real multitasking.

Simple tasks like PDF rendering have been vastly improved. On the old iPad, iBooks would often take a fraction of a second after a page turn to render the new page (transitioning from a blurry pre-render to the actual rendered page). On iPad 2, it feels like the page is already rendered before you turn to it. This small improvement in the responsiveness of iBooks translates into an enormous improvement in the overall experience iBooks provides. This has been my experience throughout the device.

The iPad 2 is much, much faster and better at everything. No one who has seriously used both iPads would suggest otherwise. Whether this speed actually means much to the median user (for whom the iPad probably felt plenty responsive already) is less clear.

3. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

There was a debate on this? LOL

This is exactly why I didn't upgrade, I don't play Games on my iPad or have Apps that take advantage of what iPad 2 offers.

I love the iPad because of Safari & Videos and I don't see myself upgrading until Apple improves all three dramatically, batter life is increased and price is dropped.