iPad 1 - Which would YOU keep?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dmk1974, Mar 22, 2011.

?

iPad 1 - Which would YOU keep?

1. A.) $319 iPad 1 WiFi 16gb

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. B.) $440 iPad 1 3G+WiFi 32gb

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I bought two used iPads on ebay. Not the absolute greatest prices on each, but pretty good I think. I only plan on keeping one and just selling the other on Craigslist (should have no problem getting what I paid).

Which would you keep?

A.) $319 iPad 1 WiFi 16gb. No box, but mint condition, came with charger and cord as well as the Apple branded case. Just over 9 months left on the warranty.

B.) $440 iPad 1 3G+WiFi 32gb. Original box and all accessories. Mint condition as well. Came with Apple branded case as well as a nice Incase case (I like the thinner Apple case better). Only 2+ months left on the warranty.

I don't intend to put a SIM in the 3G model, though, I guess that option is there if I ever change my mind. I tether to my iPhone 4 via MyWi if I ever can't find a WiFi connection somewhere. GPS is a nice to have, but not really sure if I need it (again, since I have an iPhone 4 that I use with Navigon).

What would you do? Is it worth the extra $120 for more storage and 3G/GPS option (though shorter warranty)? I only am using about 7gb of space at the moment. The home sharing with 4.3 for music in the house is awesome for saving space on the iPad. Thanks!

2. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Keep the 32gig that was a great price, plus it came with all that stuff and plus original box etc. Come iPad 3 or if you wanted and iPad 2 down the road you get greater resale value on the 32.

3. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

The 32GB one simply because it has 3G and you can use the GPS stuff.

4. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

I say keep the 32GB. That is a good price for what you found it for, and it came with all the original stuff.

5. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I guess I'm a little hung on the warranty remaining. Some think iPad 3 will come out in the fall and if so, the 16gb unit will still at least be under warranty. I don't plan on buying Apple care on either.

The 32gb I agree probably is the better deal, but just still trying to assess if I need the extra space and 3G/GPS. I'd love to keep both in the house (one for me, one for rest of family) but can't really afford to.

6. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Hostly I really wouldn't worry about the whole warranty thing, these iPads are super reliable, as far as apple care goes, I just bought it it for my 1st gen because I plan on keeping this for another year until iPad 3 and I got apple care off amazon for $64 which is a pretty good deal.

7. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Looks like a landslide! I think I'll be keeping the 32gb 3G for myself. Thanks.