iPad 1 WiFi Issues - Please Help

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MissyBuck, Apr 17, 2012.

1. MissyBuck macrumors newbie

I have an iPad 1 that has been working perfectly for the last 6 months. Recently it had started dropping WiFi, but I could sign in again. Yesterday the WiFi icon disappeared and it will not allow me to get on. I have done all the restarting, killing apps, etc. I even set the Wifi back to factory settings with no help. Our WiFi shows up when I look to join, but when I type in my password the "Join" button is greyed-out and won't allow me to use it.

Ahhhhh! I need help! Our nearest Genius Bar is about 40 miles away :eek:

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

First unplug the cable modem for at least 3 seconds and allow several minutes for it to restart. Then unplug your router for at least 3 seconds and allow several minutes for it to restart and establish communications with the cable modem. Now it's time to reset your iPad.

3. MissyBuck thread starter macrumors newbie

I had already tried that, but I did it again. Still no change in what's going on.

:confused:

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. MissyBuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you explain how to do this? Does it wipe the iPad?

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Yes. It's like a new iPad.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Have you tried your iPad on another wifi network, such as a friends? It's pretty rare for them to just stop like that, if it works elsewhere, then it may be issues with your own network rather than the device itself.

8. MissyBuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Would this be true if our other devices (including another iPad) all work fine?

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, probably not and since you have tried re-setting the iPad the only thing I can suggest now is a full erase and restore of the iPad in question.

10. MissyBuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Aw, poo. :(