iPad 1 wont start

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sadper, Nov 28, 2013.

1. sadper macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My fren had an iPad 1 and recently it wont start.

For the past few weeks, the iPad will hang and I taught him to hold down both the power and home switch and it will restart and boot up. Recently this method dont works any more.

Please teach me how to solve this issue.
    All your suggestion is welcome.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You could try a DFU restore -- google for how.

But it could be that the iPad has hardware issues. It's an old device, after all, technologically speaking.

3. sadper thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, i actual plug it to a computer and it state recommend me to do a upgrade check and I did. (At the state that my fren pass to me, I did not do the dfu method)

Afterwhich I try to do a restore but it could not proceed further.

I suspect is the software isint as the computer can detect the ipad.
    By the way, my fren said he did the reset method until the screen cannot turn on and that is the state that he passed to me.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

What exactly happened when you tried to restore the iPad? Report any error messages you got on the computer or the iPad.

And there is no software error on the iPad that can't be fixed by the DFU method. Please do try that before you waste any more time.

5. sadper thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Night Spring, thanks for the comment.
    I will post more info when i connect the ipad to my computer again.

When I first received the ipad from my fren, my computer hdd is running low so the first error is the hdd not enough space.
    Next error I received is error 1601 (the itune not up to date) so i upgrade it and the last tired error is a missing dll. (I forget what it written there).

Anyway thanks for the help. I will format my computer and connect the ipad to it and let you any error I will receive. Hopefully my system is able to restore the ipad.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

O-kay, all those errors are on the computer side, so from what you are telling me, sounds like you haven't even gotten to the point where you can try to restore the iPad!

Hopefully, once you get your computer sorted, the restore process goes through without a problem. But it's always helpful to explain in detail what you did and what errors you got when asking for help. ;)

7. sadper thread starter macrumors newbie

Attached is how the screen look like before it went into the current state.
    Hope this picture helps.

[​IMG]

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That looks to me like hardware failure. You can try taking it to Apple and see what they will do for you for an out of warranty replacement, but it's probably time to move on.

9. sadper thread starter macrumors newbie

Now the iPad is with me.
    These are the things I saw when doing the recovering.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base on the DFU and the recover mode.
    I suspect it is mostly likely the buttom problem.
    Because I dont have to press any key to this mode.

10. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

When was it bought. Because if it was bought when they were released it's very possibly a consumed battery and it just won't start anymore.

----------

So it does start up, despite what you said before.

It's very likely either crap software or a blown display or graphics chip. You could try the DFU but if that doesn't work it's trash. Sure you could go to apple for an OOW swap but that's like $250 at least and its a better use of money to toss in another $50 and get a first get mini than an OOW iPad 1

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm sorry but maybe its just cuz the iPad is now a dinosaur.