Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad 10.2 or iPad mini 5?

• iPad 10.2

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • iPad mini 5

Votes: 39 86.7%

• Total voters

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for all your feedback I’ve decided to buy the mini 5

As I feel I will find a use case for it even with a new pro. I can keep it in my bag on a daily basics and use it for all my media on the go and even at home.

I love my pro max but I think for media the mini 5 will be something I can keep long term
Good choice, since the mini will be complementary to the pro. I couldn't live with the mini as my home ipad. But while travelling nothing beats it. At home it tends to collect dust as it feels too cramped compared to the 9.7 and 10.5, but on the go I don't care and instead I do appreciate the compact size and weight. It's like having a bigger laptop for home and a small one for on the go. Also I like small smartphones (mine is "just" 5.8 inches) so I hardly ever watch videos or browse the internet on my phone...

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Good choice, since the mini will be complementary to the pro. I couldn't live with the mini as my home ipad. But while travelling nothing beats it. At home it tends to collect dust as it feels too cramped compared to the 9.7 and 10.5, but on the go I don't care and instead I do appreciate the compact size and weight. It's like having a bigger laptop for home and a small one for on the go. Also I like small smartphones (mine is "just" 5.8 inches) so I hardly ever watch videos or browse the internet on my phone...

True

My device balance should be about right

6.5 pro max
7.9 iPad mini
Next pro at 11 inch
MacBook Air 13.3

Will be the best of all worlds I would say

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
True

My device balance should be about right

6.5 pro max
7.9 iPad mini
Next pro at 11 inch
MacBook Air 13.3

Will be the best of all worlds I would say
That’s a nice balance of screen sizes. The mini 5 is a really nice device. I love mine.

hotr32

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
PA
Excellent choice! I take my mini 5 with me everywhere, it’s form function is perfect. And I agree, it’s nice being able to switch to my Air 3 when I’m at home, I never feel like it’s a waste, they all have their purpose. Great buy in my opinion.

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
All set up after Finally arriving

Small but so portable...going to be good for media on the go for sure

d27088c7618091a5a124d95bea6b5cb8.jpg

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
i have the Mini 5 to accompany my 2018 iPP 12.9”. Love having both of these devices! My only wish is that they pushed the screen on the Mini while keeping the same form factor to match the new Pros. I was waiting to see if Apple would release a Mini 6 like that but they didn’t. Don’t regret the Mini 5 at all. Enjoy!

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
All set up after Finally arriving

Small but so portable...going to be good for media on the go for sure

d27088c7618091a5a124d95bea6b5cb8.jpg

For sure!

I flew half way around the world in the summer for an event. Unfortunately not on company expense... had a choice of flying direct at considerable expense or an awkward 4 hour layover in the middle of the night. Anyway, went for the latter, put some of the difference towards buying a mini 5 and haven't regretted it since.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
For sure!

I flew half way around the world in the summer for an event. Unfortunately not on company expense... had a choice of flying direct at considerable expense or an awkward 4 hour layover in the middle of the night. Anyway, went for the latter, put some of the difference towards buying a mini 5 and haven't regretted it since.
It is weird, I bought the mini 5 to hold me over tip the new 11 inch pro is released but I feel I will still use it when I get the new pro. So useful at different stages when travelling or just using on sofa

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.