iPad 10.5 heat at full brightness?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jqc, Jun 16, 2017.

1. jqc macrumors regular

Ive noticed that when at full brightness, my iPad gets pretty warm pretty fast, specifically by around the screen by the home button. I tested my iPad 9.7 side by side but just having both on at full brightness, and it stayed cool.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Not here. I just played Real Racing 3 on max brightness for 15 minutes. It did get a little warm right side of the home button, but barely noticeable.

3. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Did you have your iPad outside at full brightness? That's the only reason, IMO, for needing to use full brightness. Combining that with a thick rear case would mitigate the cooling properties of aluminum. The sun beating down on the front combined with the ambient temperature might be too much for such a slim thermal profile to handle, especially when you consider that full brightness on the newest iPad Pro is now double that of its predecessor. That would be unfortunate as, like I said, the main use case for full brightness is outdoors use. I've been meaning to try mine outside, but it has been so hot lately. I also don't have a rear case on it yet, so I'm worried about dropping it.

4. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I keep my on auto-bright. When I cranked it up, inside, to test the OP occurrence, I was blinded lol. I always use auto-bight, inside or out.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The LED backlighting at full brightness would create a good amount of heat.