iPad 10.5 suddenly stops working with Smart Keyboard?

enigma2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Hello,

I have recently discovered that my Smart Keyboard stops working while it is attached to my iPad Pro 10.5. The only keys that work are Cmd+h or Cmd+Tab. All the other keys do nothing. Even removing and reattaching doesn‘t change anything. I either have to restart or wait some time until it will work again.

Anybody else experiencing this? I have iOS 11.0.3 installed on my iPad.

webbga

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
Take a lightly damp, lint-free cloth and clean the contacts of the iPAD. I had this happen with my Logitech keyboard and cleaning the contacts fixed it. Not sure your situation is the same, but I thought I would suggest it. Good luck.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I have just tried cleaning the contacts but it happened again that the keyboard isn‘t responsive. :(

subjonas

macrumors 68020
Feb 10, 2014
Lately my 12.9 smart keyboard doesn’t work initally either. It’s definitely connected because otherwise when I tap on a text field the onscreen keyboard should pop up, but it doesn’t. I just get the bar at the bottom of the screen. But the ASK keystrokes don’t do anything. In my case however, I only have to turn the ipad screen off and on again for it to start working again. I assume that’s not the case for you?

Strange about cmd h and cmd tab being the only keys that work. I’ll have to remember to try those next time.

In any case, it seems almost definitely a software issue. I’m on ios 11.0. This didn’t happen in ios 10. Hopefully one of the newer updates will fix the issue.