Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Hi,

I am looking for a keyboard for my 11" iPad, I have seen a few threads with a view however I am looking for an updated position from people with experience of them.

Ideally, I am looking to do a fair bit of typing on it, so want something fairly comfortable for that purpose.

What would you suggest?

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
Apple magic keyboard. 60$ less than the Smart Keyboard but better keys and not limited to one device. Can be charged with your ipad charger, maybe even with the ipad itself if you can find a dual-lightning cable. Makes you wonder why it‘s significantly cheaper than the Smart Keyboard with all the aluminium, battery, etc. included...

Reviewers also seem to favor the Logitech Slim Combo over Apple‘s Smart Keyboard (also about $99). I‘ve been tempted to buy it a few times, but standing before it in the shop I always found it too bulky to attach it to my ipad - I‘d rather carry a separate keyboard, even if it‘s still a little bigger.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Apple Smart Keyboard Folio.

- 18 mm full size key spacing. Most of the other keyboards don’t offer this full size spacing. I have a thread on it but can’t link it from my iPhone on this new forum software for some strange reason.
- Light because there is no battery
- No charging required because there is no battery
- Smart Connector so no Bluetooth issues
- Decent keyboard feel

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I love the Apple Smart Keyboard for my iPad Pro 11”. I type on it every day for work, and am actually typing on it now, in my lap. Great keyboard feel IMHO. All the benefits mentioned above.

I used to have a Logitech on an older iPad a couple/few years ago, but really didn’t like the bulk. I love the slim/light form factor of Apple’s.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Here's my thread about key spacing:

Basically for me, I don't want anything less than 18 mm. When I tried keyboards with key spacing around 17 mm, it actually hurt my wrists.

This guy types significantly more accurately with the 18 mm 10.5" Smart Keyboard than he does with the 17.5 mm 9.7" Smart Keyboard.

The keyboard portions of the 10.5" and 11" are the same. The main difference is the folio design for the 11". In contrast, the 9.7" is significantly smaller.

screen-shot-2019-03-24-at-8-19-12-pm-png.828132

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.