iPad 12.9 2018 getting warm

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LukeTheJedi, Nov 9, 2018.

1. LukeTheJedi macrumors newbie

Hey, just wondering if anyone else has noticed their iPad Pro 2018 models getting warm while in use. I’ve noticed that the left hand side of the device (near the bezel) will get noticeably warm when I’m using apps such as procreate or streaming video. This is something that I’ve only really noticed because I’m left handed and like to rest my palm on the screen whilst drawing. I’ve now taken to flipping the device 180 degrees when drawing so my palm is resting on the right hand side of the screen which is a lot cooler.

I’m assuming this is just either where the processor or battery is located and it’s nothing to worry about but I just wondered if anyone else has noticed it before I call apple to double check.

Thanks

2. fm_carv Suspended

fm_carv

an electronic device getting warm while in use....chocking !

3. Starfia macrumors 6502a

Starfia

Metal casings warming when doing a lot of processing work over a period of time, like for those things, sounds pretty normal for high-performance devices.

4. HobbesInVA macrumors regular

HobbesInVA

I noticed my 12.9 getting warm during initial set-up. No cause for concern as this is typical for set-up or an app doing a lot of processing.