iPad 12.9 Case that allows for Smart Connector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by earthsong, Feb 27, 2017.

1. earthsong macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a certain protective case for my iPad Pro 12.9 that may not yet exist, please respond if you know of one that fits this description:
    - I'd like to use the Apple Smart Keyboard, or any other keyboard that connects with the Smart Connector on the side of the iPad; don't want Bluetooth or other keyboard with batteries that must be recharged.
    - Back protection and holding strap: The Apple Smart Keyboard covers the screen when closed, but the back is exposed. I want a leather or plastic back protector that has a full opening on the one side to accept the Smart Connector slip-in without removal.
    Also, when using this large iPad in hand-held mode (sans keyboard,) I find the metal back to be very slippery, making it hard to cradle it in your left hand while tapping/swiping the screen with your right, without the iPad slipping & falling. Of course, you can clamp your hand/thumb tight around one side of the iPad, but I prefer a wide elastic band permanently attached to the back (like my Moko iPad 2 case had,) to slip your hand through for secure holding.

2. kent.tomlinson1 macrumors newbie

I have the apple Smart Keyboard and purchased the iVapo case for my 12.9" pro. It has a holder on the side for my Apple Pencil. The case opens and is cut away on the side of the smart connector so my keyboard works quite well. The only downside to this combination is that to close the cover on the iVapo case, I have to remove the keyboard as the case has a sleep/wake cover on it. The case is available through Amazon for less then $25.00 and I have been very happy with the quality and ease of use.