iPad ipad 16gb 4th generation ,,ICLOUD LOCKED,,

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sealover1, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sealover1, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014

sealover1 macrumors newbie

hi guys,

Just bought a ipad 16gb 4th generation off ebay but it said ,,ICLOUD LOCKED,,

is there a way to reset back to factory setting please??

add on ebay just said

ipad is in very good condition,no scratches, but Icloud is locked ,no box,no charger

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You're asking how to defeat a security feature.

You won't get much help there, I'm afraid.

Why you posted in the jailbreak forum about breaking a security feature, I don't know.

3. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry thought it might of been to do with a hack

not paid for the ipad yet but before I do want to know if this can be sorted or not

is there somethere this should be posted then or will members just not help ??

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It is stolen, and if you don't care about that and go ahead and buy it anyway it is only good for parts.

As for how to get around it the only way is to find the original owner and get them to enter in their password, which is very unlikely that they will do considering it is stolen.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

First you say you bought an ipad icloud lock on ebay and now you say you didn't pay for it.
    How does that work?
    There's nothing you can do to bypass that. Its a anti theft feature and the icloud lock is there for a reason. So people like you don't continue to buy and sell stolen property.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No offense, but most of the jailbreakers here are legitimate. Meaning, we aren't jailbreaking to hack phones, engage in piracy or otherwise indulge in illegal or shady practices.

If anyone here knows of a hack (I don't) I'm pretty sure the moderators here would come down hard and swift.

Honestly, it shouldn't have been posted at all. You are asking how to defeat a security measure. This isn't a wild west type forum and the mods frown on things like this.

7. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

for the ones who are saying I buy and sell stolen goods (up yours)

I come on here for advice not to get accused of being a thief or that I'm breaking any laws in any way OK!!!

never owned an ipad I thought it could just be reset not had a iphone since the 1st one come out then thought sod that and went over to Samsung note

no need for having a go at me just cuz I,m new to all this like I said not paid for it yet

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think that anyone on here claimed that you were the one that stole it or that you even knew it was stolen when you bid on it.

However the fact is unless the original owner takes it off their account you can't get around the iCloud lock.

9. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thankyou that's all I wanted to know will cancel the sale if its not fixable

10. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

Contact the seller on Ebay and ask them for the iCloud account. If not, send it back.

11. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

not paid for it yet m8 I'll just cancel the sale ;)

12. cyber16 macrumors 6502

OP at this time there is NO real means to bypass or remove the icloud lock.
    The owner/person's account that the ipad is locked to would simply need to log onto their/icloud/itunes account and remove the device. At that time it will remotely remove the icloud lock.
    Several months ago there was a way for end users to do this, but apple changed the public key and that no longer works, has not for MANY months.
    Be real careful as the internet is full of scammers taking money from people such as yourself looking for answers.. There are a few legit services that use an Apple GSX account to remove the icloud, most will NOT do so if its in lost mode, and those that offer the service are costly.
    There are many groups of dev's over the months claiming they will release free tools for the diy person, again, months have past and nothing.
    If the ipad was a mobile data version, there is a hardware hack that disables the mobile data and then turns the ipad in a wifi only. This is the removal of one or two resistors on the logic board.
    With all that said: Maybe you should have done your research prior to bidding/purchasing since the seller spelled it out clearly that it was icloud locked. Unless you need parts, I would not purchase.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Probably a good idea.

14. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

15. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

That's your best option after a bad decision.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Purchasing something like this is buying stolen property. It comes with no box, any wires or charger. Just the icloud locked device. It's not hard to spot from a mile away that this is obviously stolen. And in the US it is a felony to poses or purchase stolen property.
    It's your choice if you want to do that but you cannot come here asking for help on how to take possesion and bypass anti theft features or how to commit such acts.
    This type of discussion is not allowed in this forum.

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The OP seems to not have realized that it was that way because it was stolen. Now that it's been pointed out he decided not to go through with buying it so I wouldn't give him too hard of a time.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No hard time.
    Just letting him know about the sites rules so he doesn't get banned and that such discussion is not allowed on how to bypass or circumvent security features.

19. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Never buy any iDevice until you personally check it here:

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

20. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

The description is very clear, iCloud locked. Which means seller can't unlock it for you either (probably stolen or it fell in to his pocket) and I, for one, wouldn't buy a device if the seller can not unlock it.

21. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Asked and answered. Sale cancelled. Move along.

B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.