iPad iPad 1G not booting after Redsn0w jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DeusEx, May 20, 2012.

1. DeusEx macrumors member

Hi guys, I have an iPad 1G that was running jailbroken 4.x.x, decided to upgrade it to 5.1.1 via the Redsn0w jailbrake that was recently released:

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...a4-devices-with-updated-redsn0w-0.9.11-video/

However, after I ran the process, the iPad would just freeze, either at the blank screen, or the Apple logo. And when I try to rerun the jailbreak, it would sometimes go back into a boot loop. I'd be grateful if anyone could offer any help, thank you!

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I believe this is a tethered jailbreak. Have you been using the 'Just boot' option under 'Extras' in Redsn0w to reboot the iPad?

3. DeusEx thread starter macrumors member

Yes I have, but it just gets stuck on the "Waiting for iPad" screen, and the iPad screen itself is blank (but still on).

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Are you absolutely certain it is going into DFU mode? Otherwise you may have to completely restore the iPad into nonjailbroken state and redo the jailbreak from the beginning.

5. DeusEx thread starter macrumors member

How do you tell it's successfully going into DFU mode after going through the DFU motions? Is it when the jailbreak is able to run?

6. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Correct, if by jailbreak you mean redsn0w.

7. DeusEx thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I do. If so, then the jailbreak is able to go through the process, with the pineapple and all.

8. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Sounds like your computer isn't recognizing the iPad. Have you tried rebooting your system and/or plugging the iPad into another USB port?

Failing these options it seems you may have a botched jailbreak that can only be fixed by doing a restore and jailbreak it again from scratch.

9. DeusEx thread starter macrumors member

Is there another way around it? I tried connecting the iPad to iTunes last night on a whim, but it said that it was passcode locked and couldn't connect to iTunes.

10. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

So you're saying you can't even do a restore? The iPad probably needs to be put into recovery mode for you to be able to do a restore to bypass the error you are getting trying to connect it to iTunes.

How to put iPad into Recovery Mode