iPad iPad 1G not booting after Redsn0w jailbreak

DeusEx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Hi guys, I have an iPad 1G that was running jailbroken 4.x.x, decided to upgrade it to 5.1.1 via the Redsn0w jailbrake that was recently released:

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...a4-devices-with-updated-redsn0w-0.9.11-video/

However, after I ran the process, the iPad would just freeze, either at the blank screen, or the Apple logo. And when I try to rerun the jailbreak, it would sometimes go back into a boot loop. I'd be grateful if anyone could offer any help, thank you!

DeusEx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Yes I have, but it just gets stuck on the "Waiting for iPad" screen, and the iPad screen itself is blank (but still on).

Comment

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
White Mntns, Arizona
Yes I have, but it just gets stuck on the "Waiting for iPad" screen, and the iPad screen itself is blank (but still on).
Are you absolutely certain it is going into DFU mode? Otherwise you may have to completely restore the iPad into nonjailbroken state and redo the jailbreak from the beginning.

Comment

DeusEx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Are you absolutely certain it is going into DFU mode? Otherwise you may have to completely restore the iPad into nonjailbroken state and redo the jailbreak from the beginning.
How do you tell it's successfully going into DFU mode after going through the DFU motions? Is it when the jailbreak is able to run?

Comment

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
White Mntns, Arizona
Yeah, I do. If so, then the jailbreak is able to go through the process, with the pineapple and all.
Sounds like your computer isn't recognizing the iPad. Have you tried rebooting your system and/or plugging the iPad into another USB port?

Failing these options it seems you may have a botched jailbreak that can only be fixed by doing a restore and jailbreak it again from scratch.

Comment

DeusEx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Sounds like your computer isn't recognizing the iPad. Have you tried rebooting your system and/or plugging the iPad into another USB port?

Failing these options it seems you may have a botched jailbreak that can only be fixed by doing a restore and jailbreak it again from scratch.
Is there another way around it? I tried connecting the iPad to iTunes last night on a whim, but it said that it was passcode locked and couldn't connect to iTunes.

Comment

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
White Mntns, Arizona
Is there another way around it? I tried connecting the iPad to iTunes last night on a whim, but it said that it was passcode locked and couldn't connect to iTunes.
So you're saying you can't even do a restore? The iPad probably needs to be put into recovery mode for you to be able to do a restore to bypass the error you are getting trying to connect it to iTunes.

How to put iPad into Recovery Mode

Comment