Ipad 1st Gen Question

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by flightmedic, Sep 29, 2011.

1. flightmedic macrumors newbie

Just bought a 1st gen iPad running 3.2.2. Is there a way to upgrade to 4.3.3? Don't want to go to 4.3.5 if at all possible as I want to keep my untethered jailbreak.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Of course. Just hit up RedmondPie and search for the post where they provided download links for the 4.3.3 firmware.

Then you simply load it via iTunes with CMD+Click on Restore and jailbreak as you please.

3. flightmedic thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Wasn't sure if that was still an option with Apple not signing SHSH blobs below 4.3.5.

Will try it though. Worse comes to worse, I have to upgrade to 4.3.5 and have a tethered JB.

Jim

4. Dav1, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011

Dav1 macrumors 6502

Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3 so unless you have SHSH blobs saved for 4.3.3 you'll be forced to upgrade to 4.3.5 sorry....

Are you aware that you'll lose the ability to use the camera connection kit with USB Memory Sticks, unless you go to an externally power hub? And Safari becomes a lot less stable in my opinion in the current versions ~ one can expect to be dropped back to the home screen a lot more often... Something to be aware of if you have not upgraded already. Some of the sites I visit may drop me back to the home screen every 5 minutes or so....

----------

You acknowledge that less than 5% of your post are helpful, makes one wonder just why you are here.....

Another non helpful post, you've been around since 2009 and you don't understand SHSH blobs, yet? Somehow I doubt that.... :mad:

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Any older version only gets signed for maybe a week after the new version comes out. 4.3.3 hasn't been signed in a long time now.

If you are jailbroken now and used the make my life easier option in Cydia then you likely have 4.3.3 blobs on file. Go get Tinyumbrella and check out what Cydia has for you.

I can't believe anyone would want 3.x still, 4 was such a big improvement for the ipad. Now that 5 is in the picture maybe you want to hold on for another week, already waited this long.