All iPads Ipad 1st generation question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by buzzy000, Jan 13, 2013.

1. buzzy000 macrumors newbie

We have an ipad mini for home use and were going to sell our Ipad 1st generation but instead, would like to try and use it in our shop which currently does not have a phone line or wifi. (the neighbors do). What is the easiest, most cost effective way to try and get this ipad to have wi fi access (DSL, ATT through our existing phone plan or just trying to set up a router). We will not have a lot of data usage but would like to print documents to a wireless printer and see our cameras via our security system on my cell phone. Forgive me, I am not a tech guy and quite a novice but though I would ask here for a start. Thanks!

2. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

You could look into a pay-by-month wireless hotspot. They typically have 4G speed depending on where you live. Clear is an example, they run about $50 a month for unlimited 4G access on the Sprint network. Another possibility is NetZero, they actually offer a free option, just buy the wireless puck (access device) and you get 250mb per month free or plans starting at $10/mo I believe. Virgin Mobile also has access to the Sprint network for 4G and you buy the device and they have unlimited FREE 4G access or pay by month 3G depending on your area.