iPad 2/3 Sleeve ..

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Daniel97, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

Assuming the iPad 3 leaked photos are accurate and the new ipad has the same form factor. All sleeve type cases SHOULD theoretically fit the new ipad also.

So ... im willing to take the risk and order one early so its here ready to keep my new toy safe when i unbox it.

Anybody recommend some sleeve type cases for the ipad 2 (and subsequently 3) .. im open to pretty much any suggestion as i always used to use the Switcheasy canvas on my 2 but didnt like the bulk it added. I want to use this one naked.

2. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

??

3. WLS macrumors 65816

SF bags makes some nice sleeves. I ordered their iPad 2 slip bag last year and it fits nicely. I have been concerned too about the new iPad fitting and as far as I can determine the extra thickness is not going to be a problem especially if the new edges are slanted even more than last year. As long as the width is the same (and it is) it will fit in just fine in my opinion. I have a bag for the original iPad too and I know that will fit easily also.

4. ejisfun macrumors regular

I highly recommend the SF Bags Ultimate Sleevecase.

5. DenisAuermann macrumors regular

DenisAuermann

6. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

8. Emoo macrumors regular

I'm actually in the process of crocheting one to use as my initial case until I can get a more durable Smart Cover/hard shell combo or a Portenzo folio case. :D

However, I second a sleeve from SFBags. I don't have one for the iPad, since this upcoming will be my first, but I got one for my Macbook Pro nearly two years ago and it looks as new as the day that I bought it. They were also very helpful when I emailed them.

9. ijustgraduated macrumors member

If you're right, I'll save a bunch of money reusing some of these cases that are not form fitted!

10. falcora macrumors 6502

i have a similar zipper sleeve case i'm going to use until they come out with a case that works with the smart cover on the iPad 3.

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have used SF bags on both my ipads and laptops.

Their stuff is the best of the best!:D

12. No-Me macrumors 6502a

I used to use crumplier and foof sleeves, but switched to the handmade leather sleeves by Joli originals. They are not cheap, but really nice! I hope the iPad3 will fit, otherwise I have to buy a new sleeve too :)

13. pettifogger06 macrumors member

I plan to go with the Saddleback Leather gadget sleeve for iPad 3.

I had the full Saddleback case for my original iPad, and although I liked it, I want something more simple. Tentatively planning on the smartcover and sleeve this time around.

As a disclosure, I'm a Saddleback loyalist. I have a briefcase, iPad case, Macbook sleeve, wallet, etc.

14. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I'm planning on going with the Saddleback Leather Gadget Sleeve for the iPad 3 as well. Just wondering, will you use a smart cover/stand of some sort to prop it up for typing when you take it out of the Saddleback Leather Gadget Sleeve, or will you just hold it in your hand "naked" without any smart cover/stand?

Also, just curious, which Saddleback Leather Gadget Sleeve color are you going with?

15. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

16. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Decided to cancel my order for this case. I didn't think the bottom would be open like it is.

Now onto a different one.

I'm thinking of the Incase Maki Sleeve. I just want to wait and see if they make any adjustments to it for the new iPad.

----------

I want something like this, but without the zipper. I like that it would have plenty of room for a back shell and Smart Cover to be attached.

17. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Went with a M-Edge Touring Sleeve.

18. pettifogger06 macrumors member

I plan to use the smart cover unless there is a fit problem (I don't think anyone had issues with the 2 and this set up). I'm going with the chestnut, because it matches all my other SL gear.