iPad iPad 2 32GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by soundklinik, Oct 22, 2014.

1. soundklinik macrumors member

Hi everybody, my first post here:)

I decided to get a second hand ipad 2, and since it is my first ever jump into apple world, I would really appreciate some infos....

It is 3 years old, like new...with iOs 8.1...What can I expect for battery life? Around 10 hours?

Can I update iOs to 9 and up? Someone told me it's max iOs8.

The lady I am buying from took great care, it's like new, she's upgrading to air. Is there something I should check before I buy?

I am going to use it for some music composing etc, besides the normal use

Thanks in advance

2. MMOTotal macrumors regular

I hope you enjoy your iPad 2 :)

I also have the same iPad (going to upgrade to the Air 2 in the next few days). First off, the experience of iOS 8 on the iPad 2 will not be as fluid/fast as newer iOS devices, so keep that in mind. But it still runs really good. If you find it to be a bit slow for your tastes you could turn off transparency in accesiblity options.

I believe the iPad 2 shipped with iOS 5 back in 2011. I really don't think the iPad 2 will see iOS 9 (maybe a very stripped down version, if you are lucky)

Set it up with factory settings, complete wipe etc. Then you should being the process of setting up iCloud etc, Apple I.D, iTunes. The process is really simple.

GarageBand should be a good app for your music composing. Here is a good demo if it when the iPad 2 was first introduced if you have not seen how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRTvU17dMI

3. bob24 macrumors 6502

Fairly unlikely the iPad 2 will ever run iOS 9, it has already seen a lot of updates. And even iOS 8 will not run very smoothly.

Battery life depends on how intensely it has been used ... but it's either going to be pretty good or really not good (once the batter starts to die, performance will drop quickly).

I would say only but it if you are very constrained on budget and are getting a very cheap price. A refurbished 32GB iPad Air ($389) would be a much longer term "investment" an come with a warranty.

4. tworth23 macrumors regular

Dont buy

Don't buy an iPad 2 at this point. You can get a refurbished iPad Air for under $400 like the other poster said. Unless you are completely strapped for cash, an ipad 2 would nor be a good choice. How much is she selling it to you for?

5. soundklinik thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for help:)

I didn't realize all the consequences and so I decided not to buy...

However, looking through my local for sale ads, I found a 1 week old AIR with 16GB for 300 euros, bill of sale etc...SO I GOT IT!!!

So that's great.:D......no more worries, been setting it up last night...

cheers

6. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

That's great! The iPad 2 is definitely not worth it!

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Enjoy your new iPad.

Agreed. At this point in time, I wouldn't recommend buying an iPad 2.