iPad iPad 2, 3G version jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mrg02d, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Hey guys, I have an IPad 2 wifi version, 5.0.1 successfully jail broken thanks to absinth. I was wondering if I could also run the same thing to jailbreak my GFs 3G iPad 2? I remember reading that there wasn't a process yet for the 3G versions back when I did mine.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

You can use the same jailbreak. There's no difference between wifi/3G models when it comes to jailbreaking.
    You may have been reading something about unlocking and got confused.

3. chkenwing macrumors regular

It will work fine.

I jailbroke my Wifi only and then used the same jailbreak for my cousin's 3G iPad 2.

No hiccups!

4. NttDocomo macrumors member

I also have the same question. Since it's a 3G device, is it necessary to preserve the baseband (just like the iPhone 4) so it can be unlocked and use SIM card of non-AT&T carrier (including international carrier)?

Just wanna make sure everything is ok before jailbreaking and become too late to revert, thanks again for all the help :)

5. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

iPad 2s aren't locked to a carrier, so this is unnecessary.

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Correct. :). Only thing to be careful of is to (if necessary) be sure to download the correct 3G version of the IPSW. Don't use the same one as with your Wifi iPad.

7. Rayblack macrumors newbie

Cant jailbreak ordowngrade

Hey guys,now im using ipad 2 3g+wifi ios 5.1.the problem is i cant jailbreak or downgrade.i have so many method but fail or error."ur device is not supported" always appears like this.can anyone help me?:eek:

8. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

There is no untethered jailbreak for 5.1 at this time

9. Rayblack macrumors newbie

How about tethered?is it posible?

----------

And why it always appears "ur device is not supported"? Is it becoze my ipad 2 is 3g+wifi.coz i heard rumors said that this kind of version cannot be downgrade or jailbreak...tq :)

10. biohead macrumors 6502

iPad 2 (and 3) cannot be jailbroken on 5.1. iPad 1 can have a tethered jailbreak on 5.1

Your device is "not supported" because you MUST be on 5.0.1 or 5.0 to jailbreak it. If you're on 5.1, you're too late. You cannot downgrade an iPad 2 (or 3) from 5.1 to 5.0.1 either.