iPad 2 - 4.3.3 Jailbroken - How to Sell?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by sbddude, Jan 6, 2012.

1. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I have a iPad 2 3G 16GB that is jailbroken on 4.3.3.

I want to remove all personal information but obviously I can't restore it.
    (I don't have SHSH, it came with 4.3.3 out of the box)

Here's my checklist:
    Sign out of all services in apps
    Delete all apps
    Delete bookmarks, cookies, saved passwords
    Delete all photos, contacts, emails, music, videos
    Clear camera roll
    Set wallpaper back to default

Am I missing anything?

P.S. I am selling to upgrade to 64GB.

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You can do a restore. What makes you think you can't? It may require you adding a line of code to your Host file in /etc/ directory pointing itunes to cydia's server, instead of Apple's, but that is easy.

Do a Google search and load tinyumbrella and redsn0w.

3. sbddude thread starter macrumors 6502a

If I restore, it will force me to update, since I don't have SHSH for 4.3.3.

Don't want to update because I will lose the jailbreak.

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

But you are selling it, so why does it matter? And pod2g should have a jb for 5.0.1 by next week anyway.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Sell it without jailbreak. Doubt u will get much more.

6. Hongkongfu macrumors member

there is a app in cydia to wipe all the data , use it then you are safe to sell it :)

7. sbddude thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. mindyish macrumors member

First I was going to ask why not use the "erase all content and settings" in the general settings menu but actually with the 5.0.1 jailbreak being release so shortly, you will actually want the ipad jailbroke 5.0.1 rather than 4.3.3 as ios5 has many more features such as wifi syncing, cloud backup and notification center etc. But... If you are not already on 5.0.1 when apple releases 5.1, it will be too late. It doesn't matter if you have 5.0.1 blobs since ios 5 changed how we can use blobs. You have to actually be on that firmware to jailbreak it since you can't use just blobs to get to that firmware. So...If you are wanting to sell your ipad jailbroken please do the following.

save your shsh blobs with TU and or iSHSHit and make sure you email them to yourself as well as save them on your pc, can never be too cautious.

Right now...not tomorrow, update to 5.0.1 firmware through itunes. Any day they will release 5.1 and then they will stop signing 5.0.1 and even with blobs for 5.0.1 you cant get on that firmware so you can't jailbreak it.

Then, wait a few days for this a5 jailbreak and then jailbreak that using redsnow.

Your other option is to just erase all content though the menu settings but I read that someone who knows what they are doing may still be able to get to old info of yours. Also, you will still be on 4.3.3. If I was looking to buy a jailbroken ipad, I would take a ios5 jailbroken over 4.3.3 jailbroken anyway so since you will actually have a choice, jump on it asap!

If your ipad is wifi only, you can easily revert back to 4.3.3 with blobs but you cant ever get to ios 5 jailbroken if you don't go ahead and update before the 5.1 release.

9. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Stop trying to help if you dont know what you are talking about.
    The OP is asking if he can remove all personal information WITHOUT restoring and you asked him to restore with changing the host file.

OP: You can try iFaith and see if it can get your 4.3.3 SHSH. If it does then you can restore to 4.3.3. If not then i do not know other ways.

10. fsshariq macrumors member

I was on the same boat last week. I sold my Jailbroken iPad 2 for a good $450. I tried a lot of different things and all were a no go. Luckily I saved my SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 and used it to restore and jailbreak the iPad. I would suggest looking into iFaith since I was looking into it also and it may be the only other way as the above post says. I cant imagine the OP getting much money if the 5.0.1 jailbreak comes out so I am sure he is racing the clock and trying to bank as much as he can. Good luck OP.

11. sbddude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the suggestions. IFaith did not work, as it is only supported on A4 devices. I ended up just manually deleting everything. It took a while but wasn't bad. I already found a buyer so all is well.

12. Captain America macrumors 6502

Here we are 11 days later. What about having a jailbreak?

13. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Pod2g does have a jailbreak. He just hasn't released it yet. I'd say Mac.World was pretty accurate.