Ipad 2 - 4.3.3 stuck on Apple Logo after MobileSubstrate Update

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Dmedalion, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Dmedalion macrumors newbie

Hello experts

I have Upgraded 3 cydia packges today , Mobile substrate and two more system packages (I can't recall the names but there were a Cydia system packages).

Cydia asked to REBOOT... but it never came back, Now Stuck on Apple Logo loop.
    IfunBox wont recognize it in DFU or Recovery.

I found 3 Threads on different Forums that described the exact same problem that i have with the same version in the pase three days.
    I'm sure more and more people will announce this problem in the next days. No solution was published anywhere.

Does anyone heared about this problem? there must be some conflict between the ipad 2 4.3.3 and the new Mobilesubstrate Update from saurik.
    Please , dont suggest restoring, My Life work is on this device, I can't afford loosing this Data.
    I'm strating loosing hope......Please HELP!!

THanks
    Dmedalion.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Unless you can get into it via SSH to remove the offending package(s), you'll have to restore it.

3. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

what was the date of the mobile substrate update? unless, the one you're referring to was released less than a week ago, i didn't have any issues insalling it to my ipad.

the fact that some other people had similar issues after upgrading is larely immaterial. with so many possible permutations of what packages are installed on any given ipad, it's never a 100% guarantee that an app upgrade will result in zero issues.

you're pretty much SOL and will probably have to do a DFU restore unless enough of the iOS core is loaded to get into the device.

4. Dmedalion thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes , the upgraded dates seems to be less then a week ago.
    When i found other people are having the same issue i got little Hope.
    Now .. no able to reach the device in DFU or in SSH

I know the only option left is Restore.
    But this case is really unFAIR .... i didnt played with any evil packeges or sources. ITS SAURIK'S !! upgrades...... I thought about sending him an Email.
    will that help?
    And how can i ever trust the Cydia Upgrades again??

Thank anyhow for all the respones,
    It's much appriciated.

Dmedalion.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A Cydia upgrade is no different then an update on any other computer. Once in awhile, things will go wrong. What if Apple's 10.7.3 update makes your Mac unbootable? Would you never upgrade past 10.7.2? What if Windows 7 update KB983857 makes your Windows machine BSoD on boot? Would you never update it again? There are some things you just have to risk doing.

6. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

there's always a possibility that an upgrade whether from Cydia or the Apple app store can cause problems. i usually like to wait awhile before installing any updates. even with waiting though, it doesn't mean you're proof against a problem of course.

i had a problem with iFile 2 weeks ago after i upgraded to the current version when afterwards the app would just open and close abruptly when launched. [i'm a legit paid subscriber to iFile]. ironically, i had to find an alternate repo which had a slightly earlier release version to get a working iFile again.

it sux to have to do a restore but sometimes it's the only choice you have left. at least the thing isn't completely bricked.

7. Dmedalion thread starter macrumors newbie

Well friends, No doubt you are right, and upgrading always has risks.

But when you try reall hard not to install any Cracked Package, or add any Evil source, and when you Pay for ALL of you cydia Packages.... to get screwed up by a legit Saurik's-Cydia Package... it's just not Fair.

I guess that's life. But I'm not sure i'm going to be so Super carefull with cydia packages in the Future, I always hear about all of those guys that Restores every week because of **** Packages they are installing.
    Now - i see it doesnt even matter. Cydia Packages are as risky as the other.

One thing is for sure, After restoring, I'm gonna' Backup my data every single night. !!!

Thanks so much for you help.
    Dmedalion.