iPad 2,4 in Apple Refurbished Store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aeronauticsrock, Jul 8, 2012.

1. aeronauticsrock macrumors member

Hello,

Im in the market for an Apple refrub iPad 2- Im wondering if there is any hope of getting a 4,2 from the refurbished store yet. If so, I might buy 3 and hope 1 is a 4,2 (and return the others). Otherwise Ill just live with the 4,1.

Has anyone gotten a 4,2 refurbished yet? Thanks!

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Wooow seems like Pain in the ass and abuse of their return policy for all involved. Whats 10 vs 11hr of batt life really?

3. -TYLER macrumors regular

Not very good chances of getting one, not as many of them were sold, and since they were sold later on, not many have been sent back to get refurbished I am guessing.

I think you can live with the regular one.

4. aeronauticsrock thread starter macrumors member

That's what I was thinking which is why I have 1 on order now. 10% of battery life is important to some people however.

Was just wondering if more recently people had been getting any. Guess I'll see what my one comes in as.

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

As Tyler said your chances are extremely low. They were introduced late in the cycle and the chances of someone returning their iPad 2.4 would be almost nil. Even some who've come to this forum had tried to get a new one at Best Buy and were disappointed.

6. aeronauticsrock thread starter macrumors member

Good to know, no point wasting everyone's time then. Thanks.

7. iEvolution macrumors 65816

If they make it to the refurb store it probably won't be there until quarter 4 of this year, Apple has plenty of refurbs of the old model so you will probably have to wait awhile to get one in the refurb store.

The improvement is more than 1 hour, it's closer to 2 hours better than the original and 4 hours longer than the iPad 3.

http://www.webpronews.com/ipad-2-gets-a-battery-boost-from-new-processor-2012-05

Anandtech had a hard time getting one of them brand new. It'd be a shot in the dark if one ever shows up in the refurb section considering they're hard to get brand new.

Honestly if they did this upgrade with 64gb models I would definitely pick one up even over the 3rd gen I currently own.