iPad 2 (6.0.1) Does no show active WiFi signal... help?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by k2snow, Dec 30, 2012.

1. k2snow macrumors member

Good day

I just got all three iPads of mine updates to the latest 6.0.1 (have seen people mention a new 6.0.2 but cannot seem to update to that for some reason.) My daughter first complained that her iPad2 was not getting a good signal and then nothing at all. Now all 3 devices do not SHOW the active WiFi network that I am writing this post connected to.

I have:
    - Restarted all iPads and Router
    - Reset all Network Connections
    - Tried to manually access the connection

Nothing seems to work and it is rather frustration.

I have seen many similiar posts but most seem to indicate that the device "sees" the local network though it will not connect. Mine does not even see the connection.

I would welcome all of your thoughts please!?!

K2

2. HazyCloud, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012

HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Well, it sounds like you've already done everything I would suggest. Have you tried connecting them to another Wi-Fi network like Starbucks or McDonalds?

EDIT* I forgot to mention that 6.0.2 is only for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini.

3. k2snow thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, I stand corrected.

I am however still having this problem and cannot seem to navigate to any sort of fix.

Thanks.

4. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Do you have a laptop or WIFI PC at home?

IF yes do they work on your WIFI?

5. k2snow thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I have wifi on laptop and two other iPads... But my newly updated iPads do not work.

K2

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

If I were to update multiple devices I would do so one at a time to see if a problem developed on the first one.

You might check the iOS6 forum to see if this problem has been encountered and solved by other forum members.

7. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Another Dumb question, if you check the WIFI toggle, on the ipad can you switch it on or off or is it grayed out?

8. k2snow thread starter macrumors member

I can toggle it on and off. I have reset the settings.

9. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

The reason of my dumb question was the fact that I got an IPAd and an Iphone that broke when upgraded to 6.0.1

And the Wifi toggle was grayed out

That is why i was asking

10. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    The OP didn't answer the question whether the iPads will connect to other networks, such as the public networks at various restaurants, libraries, etc.