iPad 2 Ads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Has anyone seen any iPad 2 ads? I don't believe apple has spent a single cent thus far on iPad 2 advertising.... I wonder what's up with that?

My guess is that Apple knows that for the first few weeks demand will outstrip supply no matter what they do. So after about a month with iPads finally start sitting on shelves on a consistant basis Apple will roll out their ads.

Also, what kind of marketing do u think apple will use for the iPad 2? I'm really tired of the "ooo look we have a ton of apps!" Especially because a) they have been advertising that for iPhone and iPod touch for years and b) the honeycomb tablets are going to be getting tons of apps also. iPad 2 needs to differentiate itself.

I hope they don't spin up facetime too much. Facetime is old news and every other tablet being released now has a front camera. I wouldn't mind if some ads feature this, but I want Apple to show other things. Maybe the thinness? Smart cover? HDMI out? I think showing the iPad as an instruction tool in a school setting would be neat. And in the medical setting. Maybe that should be their angle. Instead of showing all the fun apps that people play with, Apple can show all the different situations, settings and people that can use the iPad. Teachers, Students, Doctors, Waiters, Kids in the backseat. Car passanger using a GPS app. Photographer showing off their portfolio. browsing on your couch. Reading in your bed. cooking in your kitchen. Each ad could feature maybe 5 or 6 three second clips. Then highlight exactly thin and portable it is. I think that'd be a real winner.

2. Krandor macrumors 6502

I think some ads that show the whole integrated iOS expereince would be good. Show things like a guy sitting on his couch remotely playing stuff through his Apple TV or demo some of the apps that are designed to show you stuff on your iPad while you are watching a show like Bones. Showing it as a part of an integrated Living Room experience would be one angle I would go for.

3. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Yeah good thinking. Advertise two products in one. I'm sure there is a lot of Apple TV, Airplay, Home Sharing features that can be played up.

This would even work well with my idea because you can add these situations in.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Advertising now would be counterproductive on many fronts.

Waste of money, risk of over exposure, create additional demand that can't be meet,......

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

Billboards are all over Chicago. They do need to take it slow because you don't want Mr. & Mrs. Middle America to see it on TV and head over to the mall whene there's no supply.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

7. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Same.

However I do think that the ads will be similar to what has been done previously. Apple is very brand conscious and will be reluctant to change their ads style wise. Think about it, when you hear the music or see the first frames of an Apple commercial you know exactly what you are going to get. It took a lot of time and money to build that brand.

How long did it take then to change from the Mac vs PC ads? New computers came out but these ads were still used.