iPad 2 alarm clock app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Vumanchu55, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Vumanchu55 macrumors newbie

Sorry for the novice question, but I have a iPad 2 and recently downloaded an alarm clock app. My question is: if I keep the alarm clock active all night on my screen, will it have any adverse effect on my iPad?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Besides battery drain, not really. Do plug it in.

3. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I think (not sure) that the iPad has a plasma screen (IPS) so yes you might wake up with some 'burn in' on the screen.

4. FYDave macrumors member

The P in IPS doesn't mean plasma. IPS means In-Plane Switching.

5. Vumanchu55 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I got one person saying for sure no harm will occur if I leave my iPad alarm clock app running active all night?

6. cmoore49 macrumors regular

LCD in plane switching display.
    Should have no problem leaving alarm on all night

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Negligible aging of LED backlight. You won't hurt it.

But use your phone.

iPad alarm clock won't work if device is musted. You'll here all notifications because you can't mute them. iPad is crappy as alarm clock.

I have a kitchen timer thing on mine, use it, but if ipad is muted, won't make a sound. Really annoying. Nice how the iphone's built in alarm bypasses that so you can mute calls/text/notifications but sitll have your alarms.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Alarm clocks are much cheaper. You also do not need to run your display all night to have your iPad or iPhone alarm to wake you up. You need only hit the home button on either to display the time at the top of the screen.

But if you really want to light it up all night, the MTBF on the LED back light would take the most wear and it will last long after you have fallen out of love with your device.

9. Vumanchu55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool thx guys