iPad 2 alarm clock app

Vumanchu55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Sorry for the novice question, but I have a iPad 2 and recently downloaded an alarm clock app. My question is: if I keep the alarm clock active all night on my screen, will it have any adverse effect on my iPad?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Sorry for the novice question, but I have a iPad 2 and recently downloaded an alarm clock app. My question is: if I keep the alarm clock active all night on my screen, will it have any adverse effect on my iPad?
Besides battery drain, not really. Do plug it in.

Vumanchu55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
So I got one person saying for sure no harm will occur if I leave my iPad alarm clock app running active all night?

cmoore49

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
LCD in plane switching display.
Should have no problem leaving alarm on all night

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Negligible aging of LED backlight. You won't hurt it.

But use your phone.

iPad alarm clock won't work if device is musted. You'll here all notifications because you can't mute them. iPad is crappy as alarm clock.

I have a kitchen timer thing on mine, use it, but if ipad is muted, won't make a sound. Really annoying. Nice how the iphone's built in alarm bypasses that so you can mute calls/text/notifications but sitll have your alarms.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Alarm clocks are much cheaper. You also do not need to run your display all night to have your iPad or iPhone alarm to wake you up. You need only hit the home button on either to display the time at the top of the screen.

But if you really want to light it up all night, the MTBF on the LED back light would take the most wear and it will last long after you have fallen out of love with your device.

Vumanchu55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Alarm clocks are much cheaper. You also do not need to run your display all night to have your iPad or iPhone alarm to wake you up. You need only hit the home button on either to display the time at the top of the screen.

But if you really want to light it up all night, the MTBF on the LED back light would take the most wear and it will last long after you have fallen out of love with your device.
Cool thx guys