iPad 2 and Apple TV

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by burdekin, Oct 13, 2013.

1. burdekin macrumors member

I have an i Pad 2 which has been updated to iOS7 and works well with this combindation. Am i able to use it with Apple Tv to mirror the iPad? If so where do i get the instructions. Have searched with Google etc but my iPad does not seem to have the icon on the control panel which is needed. Does the operating system not support apple tv on the iPad 2. Thank you in advance for your assistance. :confused:

2. LilCat macrumors newbie

I have the same combo and mine works fine. My Airplay icon is below the Airplane mode, wireless, etc on the control panel. Have you tried restarting your iPad? My Airplay used to disappear on iOS 6 and I had to restart it to get the icon back.

Hope this helps!

3. burdekin thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at this idea however my ipad does not seem to have the icon showing. I tried looking at this while having Itunes app running and again with the photo app running. Again no icon like in the instruction sheets. I turned the ipad off and then restarted the unit but no change. I would like to mirror the screen of the ipad to the apple tv so i can see this on a large screen. Any other suggestions please. :confused:

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you ever have the iPad 2 working with the Apple TV before it updated to iOS 7? Also, have you checked that the Apple TV and iPad are on the same wifi network? Oh, and try downloading the Apple Remote app and see if you can use it to control the Apple TV.