Ipad 2 and AVPlayerHD 1.4 problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ginko64, May 12, 2011.

1. ginko64 macrumors newbie

I use this app from 3 days and it is great.
    Only one thing doesn't work and I do not understand why.

I cannot rename the movies files !

I did this:
    In Media explorer/inbox folder I tap the icon high on the right, tap the file little arrow and then the icon with the pencil.
    Rename the file and tap Done but this doesn't work and the file remain with the same old name.
    I cannot move the files to another folder too !

Didn't work this options in your app too ?
    Does anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance for your support :D

2. mdalcant macrumors newbie

Have youo solved your problem, because I have the same problem. I installed AVPlayer HD today. I can transfer home movies from my PC to the iPAD 3, but I cannot name the movie to make it recognizable whe I want to open it. I just have a bunch of files with the MVI-####.AVI label but to know what it is I have to open it. Very incovenient. There must be a way to give a name to your own movies! Please help me if you got the answer.

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Works here just fine by both tapping "Done" and Enter on the virtual keyboard with both en- and disabled iTunes Backup, without a folder password. (JB'n ipad 3 5.1.1, legit AVPlayerHD.)

4. mdalcant macrumors newbie

Uhm...It still doe not work for me. If I tap "done" the keyboard disappears and I cannor tap enter. May be I am doing something wrong. I am tapping the pencil, then I substitute ny own label for the movie file designation, then I tap "done".The keyboard goe away, and my label is nowhere to be seen, just the original file designation suac as MVI_0558.AVI. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

5. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

If it's of dire importance, you could jailbreak, download ifile, navigate to the AvPlayer application folder, then the documents folder which is where the video would be stored and rename it.

Of course, it would probably be easier to just rename it on your computer and transfer it again.

6. Rouky macrumors newbie

To rename a video you have to move it from Inbox folder to a new folder you will create. Press the icon with the sign +at the bottom of the screen to create a new folder.. After tap on the mechanic key and you will see icon of folder at the bottom of the screen to move the video to the folder you have create.