iPad 2 and bizarre battery drain...while not in use?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by akdj, May 29, 2011.

1. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Hi everyone,

As an owner of a coule iPad 1's...and now a pair of iPad 2's...I've had plenty of experience with the platform. Right now I've got a 16gig wifi and a 64 w/3G. I've had the 64/3G since launch and it's run wonderfully...however, in the last week or two I've noticed a serious battery drain issue while it's being stored. Example: last night it was fully charged...I surfed for an hour or so before bed and put it down...it had 88% left as I took note. After 8 hours of sleep (both ke and the iPad), I woke up to a 48% charge. This has been happening for the past 10 days, two weeks or so. I'll charge overnight to 100% and in the morning spend 45 minutes to an hour with it (88-92% when I'm done) and pack it in my bag....I open it at lunch and it's got 74%! or after work around 5...and I've got 50% or less. I just updated three days ago to the latest 4.3.3 whatever....thinking this may be the issue. Still the same problem...I've shut down all apps, even shut down the wake mechanism for the smart cover...same freaking issue. Any ideas? It seems to be draining as normal when in use...etc. I'm befuddled. Never had an issue with any if mine til this. Obviously with the shortage I'm hesitant to ship it off. I bought it at Wal mart though. With their $100 accident coverage for three years. Might just see if they've got one in unless I can find the culprit

Thanks...and hope everyone is having an excellent weekend!

Jer

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I would have an Apple Genius look at this. They have software that looks at these things. I once had an iPhone replaced after abnormal battery behavior.

3. akdj thread starter macrumors 65816

akdj

Thanks for the suggestion....unfortunately no Apple store in Alaska, yet:). Rumor has it we'll have one by the end of summer. Any idea if the resellers have said equipment/software? I've got a couple options locally as far as they're concerned. To add to my attempts to figure it out, I've also done the discharge and recharge, etc. Not sure it's all necessary, as I've mentioned...I've got a couple others and I've never seen this behavior. Has anyone else? It seems this is definitely a problem and one that'll need to go in for some sort of repair

Thanks again

J

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I'm not sure if the resellers have diag equipment on par with the Apple equipment. You may try calling Apple support and see what they say they can do for you without a store close by.

5. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Have you even heard of the search function?

This is a non issue that has been brought up numerous times on the forum and is very easily resolved.

G O O G L E

6. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

i had a battery drain on my iphone that was caused by some error with my email accounts (GMail) that were set up using Microsoft Activesync.

If you set up accounts with email using activesync, try deleting these accounts and test out your battery performance again.