Ipad 2 and Computer Monitor

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Anyone tried hooking up their ipad 2 to a computer monitor and use it? I am wondering if you could technically use the ipad as a desktop if you hooked up a bluetooth keyboard and hooked it up to a computer monitor.

Anyone done this or seen videos of this done?

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
Anyone tried hooking up their ipad 2 to a computer monitor and use it? I am wondering if you could technically use the ipad as a desktop if you hooked up a bluetooth keyboard and hooked it up to a computer monitor.

iOS relies on touch for navigation, how would you move in and out of apps, etc.?

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus

Buy Apple Tv and an Apple keyboard. Mirror you ipad. Done. Of course, you'll still be touching to ipad to get in and out of apps, but for typing apps, you'll be golden.

DPM410

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2012
i use a bluetooth keyboard case i found on amazon for 30 bucks for typing documents and powerpoint presentations because my laptop broke, and its been a month and no problems so far

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
When you mirror the ipad 2 to a monitor, what resolution do you get? Do you get the standard 1024x768 or do you get the HD resolution (1920x1080)? Or do you only get the HD resolution if you play movies or games?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.