iPad 2 and Hotmail Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mac'nCheese, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I was able to sync my hotmail to my new iPad 2 however, I have one problem I don't know how to solve. When I check hotmail on my computer or iphone and then delete the new mail, if I go to the other device, the new mail I deleted does not show up in my inbox. It does on my iPad. I checked mail on my iphone, deleted the new stuff and those newly deleted ones showed up a little later in my iPad's in box. Does anyone know how I can make my iPad work like my iPhone and only show mail that is truly new.

2. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

As standard, Hotmail is POP which is not a protocol that syncs. Delete that setup and do it this way. It'll sync just fine then:

http://apple-ipad-tablet-help.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-setup-hotmail-activesync-on-ipad.html

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

4. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

No problem. Glad I could help :)

5. fredglobe macrumors newbie

Compatibility issues with iPad 2 mail and hotmail

@Spooky2k, hi, I noticed that you were very helpful just then, and was wondering whether you could help me too? I have got my hotmail set up on my ipad 2 mail app, as well as an alternative gmail one I have been using. However, my hotmail account seems to just erase my messages on the ipad but not on the internet. I have checked that they are still there on the internet but they are nowhere to be seen on my ipad. They are not even in the trash folder. The emails on my gmail account remain there, and there is no issue with them deleting themselves. With the hotmail, it is almost as if they reach being two days or so old, then they just disappear when I check my emails.
    What do you suggest?

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Just wanted to let u know u r not alone. My iPhone will delete mail from my in box for no reason sometimes. But it's still there on the Internet in box. Very weird.