iPad iPad 2 and iOS7: All round good but...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by preyan, Sep 22, 2013.

1. preyan macrumors 6502

preyan

I must say that my iPad 2 seems extremely smooth after the update. I'm usually a fast typed and found that iOS6 couldn't keep up. And there would be a delay the letters actually appearing on the screen. As I type this, it's amazing to think its the same iPad. All round smoothness, I'm loving it.

I do however dislike the icons and pastel colors used. I think Apple mistook fun for child's play. It really feels like it's aimed at kids. If I could describe iOS6, I'd say it looked classy. And to go from classy to "mosh" :confused:

I need a new iPad before the end of this year so I am interested to see how iOS7 integrates with new technology in the new iPads. That's IF there is new technology in the new iPad (minus a chip upgrade off course) :D

The control panel is basic but good. I think these might be patented but I was hoping that if I hold my finger on something like Wifi in the control panel, it would open up wifi settings.

2. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

I agree with you completely. It is nice to see all the wonderful and very necessary improvements made to iOS7, it really does make a huge difference in the scheme of things. However I think the theme is utter bullocks. It definitely no longer exudes any maturity whatsoever, and appears to be catered towards those who were looking for a big change, but don't care about subtleties.

I for one, will be jailbreaking mine as soon as it's available, to retain iOS7's features, while getting rid of that theme. Might even be able to find an iOS 6 theme :p

Yeah I've been using that for over a year on many android software's (Touchwiz, Stock Android, MIUI). So it's probably Google who owns that patent.

3. preyan thread starter macrumors 6502

preyan

Oh, and I forgot to add that I hate that they think everyone is going blind with the new. Music layout. Too big for my liking!